Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a Question 4 any1 that can help . im having a problem with my drivers side electric winder and rather than put a second hand mx6 winder in i was thinkin of changing it 4 an aftermarket 1 and was wonderin where in Melbourne u can find 1 and what would cost be like?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
You can't unfortunaly there are palces that recondition window winders. I recently heard my mate found one for his kingswood.

but oyu have to quesions what the problem is if it's slow oil and grease it. in most cases I find it's the switch, the way they are desgined, from GC onward they can over time build up a nice carbon coating on the contract patchs. I have clenaed out both of mind with a a wire brush, oils and cleaners and the work much better now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the problem isn the switch its the actually motor on the winder.. it has a plastic cog in it and it wears down against the metal teeth and then it starts clickin when u wind it up and slippin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.