Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My electric window switch (driver side, only the left window) is broke... but the engine is ok, i need some help. It is hard to change ? i never do that !:V :help:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I assume by "engine" you mean the motor is fine? How did you test that, anyway? I mean, if you are asking about how to replace a switch, then how can you have trouble-shot the motor to make sure it was fine?

In any case, the switch is easy enough. Take the door panel off, and you can get access to the switches from behind. Nothing too fancy if you are handy enough with basic tools.

The hard part is finding a cheap replacement...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do as Schwinn said. Email Hughes46 in the FOR SALE forum for the part. He's even located near Canada.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
schwinn

Hi dude , i'm sure that the motor works ! When the plastic button is in place, No problem to open it but i need to take off the plastic button and insert a thing to close it... so ... the motor is ok. I try to close the window manually with a little piece of metal, and it works after 45 minutes !! Thanks a lot dude !! i'll try to know now how cost is the piece. (switches)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey bud, my switch just went too cause water dripped on the button and yes is easy to change but hard to find another one.
be careful when u take ur panel out so u dont brake the little niples that holds it to the the door. good luck!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
dude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts