Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just a quick one. My gals going for her blue slip and I had a thought. Would she get failed on a crack in the windscreen.

The crack is about the size of a 20cent piece (a little star crack), passenger side of the windscreen near the top?

Do you think they would fail her based on the tiny little crack?

:-S

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pretty sure any damage to the font windscreen will HAVE to be repaired. blue slips and all roadworthy inspections will check for windscreen damage so it sounds like a fail.

if the crack looks repairable you may be able to get a windscreen center to try and do a patch job on it for around 50 bucks, but theres still the chance a picky mechanic will want it replaced, otherwise by the sounds of it you could be up for a new windscreen.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well she went in for her blue slip this morning and..............

PASSED ;)

With flying colours, the bloke didn't even seem phased by the crack but I do think I should get it fixed in the near future.

The mechanics I used for the slip can also do CTP Quotes. Their quote was cheaper then any other quote I had but still $478.50.

Why does your CTP stay expensive until you are 25? I mean I'm 23 in 6 months, isn't that old enough.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Free windscreen and glass cover is an additional $4.20 a month with my insurance and waives any excess should I make a claim for one.

Always handy seeing the sunroof and windscreen are $400 odd.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
This year(maybe last year too) CTP's all went up by a shit load for no reason at all. Well there is a reason, it is compulsory so if it was 1k, we would still pay....

$478ish is what mine is as well through NRMA, for my renewal. Funny thing though a new policy I got quoted $390. Im canceling my CTP and getting a new policy, with NRMA still though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Free windscreen and glass cover is an additional $4.20 a month with my insurance and waives any excess should I make a claim for one.

Always handy seeing the sunroof and windscreen are $400 odd.
^Shannons gives me 1 free window per year. heh. So i guess pretty simillar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts