Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone.. after months of not having my car on the road i have got it back and the alarm/immob isnt working but i think thats a separate issue but i noticed tonight that the windscreen wipers arnt working but i can put water onto the windscreen any suggestions???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Yoda says :-

The guy who installed the alarm hooked it up to a fuse that also controls the windscreen wipers... and it is blown. Find the fuse, and you will find the problem!

That really is a guess... but it maybe a fuse.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the fuse was the problem would the water bit still work??

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
possibly not

my quess if the alarms power is not tapped correctly and is tapped into a line(power) that operates the switch in the ARM - the stalk on the sterring wheel colum. I would suggest you take a look under the dash for the fuse panel and replace any blown but, if they are connected then it''s proberly a short also some where, in the system.

But wipers should work water or not. I know mind don't work with out the key in the On position.

No wipers in Tasmania Gee lucky it's summer. :D

the only other thing I can think thats not right is switch for wipers it gone. But I doubt it? only as it's and expensive part.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i have just checked the fuses under the dash and they are fine.

Seriously considered getting rid of the car now.. I will lose so much money on it but i have had it for almost a year and out of that year i woulldnt have driven it more than 2 months..?? And outta that 2 months i doubt there would be 14 days when the car has been right!!

Well I dont know what it would be with the wipers.. and the alarm!! Very Frustrating!.... Anyone wanna by an mx6?? :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts