Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I know that I post so much, but anyway I was on the highway and popped up a rock that broke my winscreen...now I have a long crack across my windscreen...talk about a lovely day...just made the 6 look so ugly now!!!...any suggestions?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Go to a glass shop that repairs windshield cracks. They will inject the crack with something and sometimes make the crack invisible or almost invisible. It cost me about $35 when I did this. It also keeps the crack from spreading. How bad is the crack?

·
Registered
830 Posts
If the crack is really bad, it's best that you replace the whole windshield. Don't go to dealers for that, just call up local windshield shop and get an aftermarket windshield. Sometime they even come to your place and install it for you. Should be around $190(parts and labor)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would say the same thing. If the crack is fixed, it's only a matter of time before the heat and cold make the crack bigger and bigger. I would save up and call up one of those glass places. With my last car, someone broke the rear wiindow to try to steal my box. I called the glass people, and they were at my house in like 2 hours. Got it fixed for like $250... get it replaced....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
Thats what I will do...I appreciate that a lot...the crack is about from the top of the screen to midway...but it runs across the screen and not straight down

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
usually they wont/cany repair it if its more than 18" long...if its more than that, you might have to replace the windscreen... i got one for my dads conversion van for $120. ours i could probably get for under $100. not sure tho i havent checked it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts