Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this might sound retard but i want 2 attempt this mod. I want 2 make my wiper arm spray out washer fluid. The reason why i want this is because i dont want 2 drilll washer nozzle holes into my c/f hood.. I'm getting tired of stopping & gas station cleaning my windshield.. any input on this.. I know there is a few options here....

1. Drill Holes
2. replace with OEM hood
3. keep doing what i'm doing lol...
4. Wiper arm mod.

Thx for reading...

·
Registered
110 Posts
look for buick, cavaliers and others Gm's sprinklers. also, i think ford made some too. they attach directly on to the wiper arm. the tubing is not so complicated. 1/4 vacuum tubbing and couplers: you should spend about 50 bucks max.

also though about fitting the sprinklers in the plastic between the hood and the windshield(srry i dont know the name of the piece).

dont know if it can help you... Good luck!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Bud, why are u driving with a CF hood in the winter anyways? :confused:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
just run a hose + a TEE and zip tie a hose on each arm...

or put the spray nozzles in the cowel plastic

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i figured out what 2 do i was walking through the parking of my work & i saw the parts truck Van it has clip on washer nozzles. it's a plastic clip that holds the nozzles on the wiper arms.. the clips are off of a 05 GMC Salvanna Van i called chev. cant buy the clips alone gotta buy the whole freaking arm assembly. lame!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Wrecker... but i wouldn't like the hose attached to the wiper arm... ugly and lame.

make a sprayer that is on the cowel molding. Or even like a 1970 chevy truck had a sprayer nozzle made from aprox 3/16 metal tube with a pinched V end which came through the cowel.

eBay Motors: 1964,65,66 THUNDERBIRD WINDSHIELD WASHER JET NOZZLE (item 220340737954 end time Jan-13-09 17:27:18 PST)

eBay Motors: 1973-80 CK10-30 BLAZER JIMMY WASHER SPRAY NOZZLE NOS GM (item 270329196399 end time Jan-18-09 16:57:22 PST)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you dont see alot of the hose i didn't even really noticed the hose till i looked closly you only see like 3" of tubing it's only for the winter time~

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Mount the OEM sprayers in the wiper cowling. That's easier to do then anything your thinking of.

·
Registered
213 Posts
they sell aftermarket sprayer kits at crappy tire... or at least they used to... just clip on to the wiper arm.. I bought one when i busted one of them on my sunfire back in the day.

and it will be easily removable come spring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts