Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has ran into this prob. i have a 88 mx6 gt and sometimes in the morning when i go to turn the windshield wipers on or use the wash feature nothing happens. Then i can be driving down the road and all the sudden they start working. I know it sounds like a loose connection or bad switch but i was wondering if this was a common prob. on these cars or not.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
heh...i've got the same problem. i'll turn the wipers on or try and use the washer fluid and nothing. then I tilt the steering wheel down and they come on....weird stuff. I believe it's a bundle of wiring just behind the steering column cover that gets worn over time because of the tilt feature. I'm just too lazy and garageless to check it out anytime soon...lol

Btw, there's been snow and other nasty weather here...so no chance to get those pics of the MBC setup yet...but i will :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep... i tap on my column right near the key switch and it will start working. Ill get in there and mess with it. Yeah its been cold here and trying to snow too..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts