Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...alright.....Yes...I live in Winnipeg and have recently had my car written off! I have lowering springs for an MX-6 or 626 1993+ 4-Cyl....
They are Intrax lowering springs and are still in box. I also have 2 Konig Villian rims ALSO in Box...never used...and I need to get rid of them. I'm asking $200 Canadian for the springs....and $150.00 Canadian for each rim! I only have 2 rims as I was saving up to buy the other two and get rubber for all four! BUt, i'm now getting a 98 Jeep TJ Sport 4.0L so, I can't used these. Please get back to me and we can meet up somewhere! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey man. How's it goin? Haven't seen you round in a long time, i guess I know why now. So what happened to your car? Hey do those springs fit 6cyl mx6's? I would take a look at those rims but i'm not sure if i'll buy them since you have only 2.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey jdean, sorry about your car, man...
did they already take the car off your hands? or are you parting it out at all? i don't think i can use the springs unless they do fit the v6 model, and i don't think i can afford rims right now either, i'm gonna be spending on an exhaust & a couple other things. but i could use a factory front driver's side splash guard, to shield my new k&n cai, and maybe a couple of other things. well, i'll probably just go to mazda anyway...
& mystere_ls, man where are you these days? what color is your car? & do you go cruising/racing on sunday nights? if so we should hook up. i'm gonna go around tonite, see if the probe guys are out... last weekend i went up to the track at gimli, i didn't race that time, but mikeb was there with his probe & he ran a 13.5... next time i'll try racing at the track, after i get a couple more mods.

oops... so much for racing tonite. damn rain.]

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey zoomzoom and JDean.. damn the site is finally back on after over 2 weeks of being down. My car is in the shop right now being fixed cuz i wrecked the something shaft pulley... gonna cost about 2 bills and my alternator belt just came flying off for that reason. So the alternator isn't working at the moment, and there's a power steering fluid leak. I don't know how much the bill would come out to. It all happened after I raced some riced out Sunfire with a huge ass supra style spoiler.. a white one, u might have seen it around. At least I won though haha. There's no way we would stand a chance with MikeB, he's too fast for us right now.
My car is white and it has a red "MAZDA" sticker on the windshield, and dual dtm tips. That's pretty much how you can identify mine from the rest.. how about your ride? anything I can distinguish it from the rest? I go cruising on Portage most sundays if the weather is good. We should meet up at polo or something this week if I get my car back in time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey, mystere_ls, don't think i've seen a white mx6 with a red mazda sticker around yet,... mine is the stock green colour, took the stock fog lights out, the only distinguishing feature is the temporary number 31 on the rear quarter windows from autocross last week (it was my first time, :thumbs up: :E ). but i'm gonna take the numbers off, cuz it's ricey. anyway, i go cruizin on sunday nights too @ portage/polo, but i don't stick around i just go over to park lane or brady. but, yeah i'll meet you there sometime. & you should check out the autocross, if you wanna have some fun with your car, damn it's crazy. i mean, it's legal, & it's safe, costs $20, the next one is on tuesday (the 7th, 5pm, @ red river ex). you just need a piece of shit with an engine and wheels. they're havin this motorfest there this weekend, so on tuesday we might be running a cascar course instead of an autocross course. :eek:
man, repairs suck though, eh... i had to do a bunch of stuff after i bought it, now i gotta track down some of these oil leaks too.
aight, take it easy

G

·
hey!

Just wanted to drop a note and say hi to you guys. I'm not from Winnipeg, but I live approximately an hour south. Good to know there are other drivers out there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah, it is cool to see other local mx6 drivers on here. i always see lots of mx6's around winnipeg, i usually try to wave to them or something, but i guess none of them have heard of a computer before, or they're not as enthusiastic about their cars as we are. :confused:
so how long have y'all had yours? i've had mine since feb of this year. & trinity if you ever come up to winnipeg, give us a shout.

anyone else local here? so is that it, only four of us on here?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well there's no cruising in my car tomorrow because I don't have the car back yet and the shop will be open on Tuesday. I guess i'll have to go and ridein my friend's car. Any of you guys gonna be out tomorrow? I try to talk to other MX6'ers also but they somehow don't pull up next to me, they always sit back at the lights :rolleyes: maybe it's my exhaust or my face :p
I got my car on grad night of last yr. So it was an awesome grad gift that I received. Have you guys seen the "twin turbo" charge kit that is available for our cars? DAMN!! If only i have $6500USD. Well hope to see you guys tomorrow, oh and welcome to the site trinity

G

·
sorry to hear about the 6 jdean !
I have seen zoomzoom's car around though,
Nothing special on mine yet still new to me 93 red mx6.
I will keep an eye out on sunday's !!

peace

mac

G

·
When and where do you guys go cruising with your cars? I'd like to see a 6 with some mods on it. I have lots of ideas for what I want to do with my car, it's just expensive. I think I could possibly want to meet up with some of you and just have fun with our cars. I got mine in October of 99, so this October makes 2 years I've had her. Poor thing has tolerated a lot with me taking her through fields and stuff to bush parties. She just won't die and I'm so proud of her. Thanx for the welcome and hope to hear from y'all soon.

G

·
If you guys (and gals) could keep me posted on crusies and such that would be great... A good friend of mine is moving to the peg for school from NB... and a 15 hour drive sounds a lot better than the drive to NB option... Plus I love to see 6's from all around... especially nice ones since mine sucks right now...lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well cruising happens on Sunday Nights as early as 7pm and til about 2am. There are usually races along Moray, Parklane, etc.. This last Sunday really sucked, Polo was closed off and the cops were doing check stops.. plus they were hiding at like every fifth block to catch racers. :mad: And apparently alot of people went on yesterday (Monday) which I didn't know about.. if we can't have it on Sunday, we're moving it to Monday.. lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
ya know... this stuff just goes as long as there's good weather, which ya know doesn't last too long once the fall hits. i dunno wut it was like last year, cuz i just started getting into this import stuff recently... & it's every sunday but nowadays sundays are getting saturated by the cops, the only place left untouched yet is brady, just outside the city... some of the probe guys were talking about going on other nights too. who's idea was this whole sunday night thing anyway?
but it almost looks like we could have a mini-meet or sumthin with maybe 4 or 5 of us... :D & it doesn't look like any of us has alot of mods so far. i know watcha mean, trinity. i got ideas coming out my a$$, but too bad money doesn't come out my a$$... :rolleyes:

stank, r u gonna come out to the peg? i was thinkin of doing a road trip during my break before school starts again, maybe drive out to vancouver...

& trinity.... nassau blue... wut kind of blue is that, is that like a dark blue? if i repaint mine i want some kinda dark metallic blue.
& damn that's nothing, i drove mine over a motherf888in curb in the parking lot! good thing it wasn't lowered, but there were some honda guys around there, i didn't even have to look, i could just feel them laughing at me.... XO

G

·
this sunday

Hey, is anyone going to be cruising this Sunday? I think I might be able to make it out for that. Someone keep me posted on that please.

zoomzoomzoom, do you have a messenger such as yahoo or hotmail that we could chat on? be so much easier than posting all the time. nassau blue is a light metallic blue

G

·
zoomzoom... Let me know if you come out this way... we can cruise the mean streets of cowtown... as far as going to the peg goes it depends on $$$.. you know the story.

G

·
sunday

Anyone gonna cruise sunday drop a line , I wouldn't mind meeting up . I think my tps is off so It would be great to see how everyones rides shift. The only modded mx6 I have seen is from Brandon (custom white pearl, sold by kevin jackson). I have seen a yellow mx6 sporting around. I have to wait until my girl gives the decision to keep the mx6 or not before I mod. I may have to get a 4 door for her (baby) and later next year get myself my own.

G

·
sunday

Well, if anyone really wants to cruise on Sunday, name the time and place. I'll make a day of it in the city.

·
Registered
143 Posts
winnipeg mx6 meet this sunday!

okay, boys n goyls, we've got mystere_ls, djmac, trinity, & zoomzoom... hookin up for a little mx6 meet this sunday. heh heh heh.... anyone else gonna show up? the one we were gonna have in june (??) or whatever never really happened.
seriously, if y'all see any other mx6 owners around tell them to come on sunday... am i getting my hopes up? we could have a nice little meet. maybe the probe guys will even show up too.
whut about 8pm-ish at polo? or if it's closed off then kp or corydon or...?

well the sixes i've seen around lately r a white one with a wing on it, a blue one with exhaust tips, a black one with a cute girl driving ( :D ), & that yellow one, & a few others but i don't know who any of them are.

& i dun have a messenger thing for chatting,... i couldn't get it set up before, maybe i'll try again, but for now just post on the board or email...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts