Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone who owns an older mazda knows, wiper arms fade horribly, they fade to grey then they rust. you can paint them, and alot of people do, but i found the best kind and the longest lasting kind of paint . Its High temperature black grill(BBQ grill) paint, sustains very high temperatures, and our grill was repainted in it about 7 years ago, and i still looks great, and i just starting doing wiper arms with this stuff, great results.

Eric

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've been using Engine Enamel on several things, it holds up to 500 degrees. I used trim paint on my wipers, but, they're peeling again after about 1 1/2 yrs. I wonder if that stuff will work on the trim that goes around the car as well?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for trim, two things work incredibly well, but its a pain in the ass, you have to mask around the trim.....ok mask around the trim. Then find some Silicon Tire Shine Spray,Or Shoe polish, it works on tires, it works on trim. smother the trim in the stuff, let it bake in the sun, smother it again and repeat the process a few times and presto NEW trim, im an auto-detailer for new cars, i know some ins and outs of the trade .

Eric

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
hey, nice to have you on 'our' side MazdaMiester :)
Now if i have detiling probs i know who to go to ;)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
detailing, some more tricks

Another trick, for polished aluminum wheels(90-92 gt's for example), use a product called "never dull" its wadding with a special compound that makes polished aluminum(and chrome) shine like new, my 87 626 GT wheels look 100% better after the never dull. just dont use it on trim, makes it turn white:p. another trick for cylinder heads, wheels, or anything with a metal finish. Wax helps tremendously. I buffed 2 coats of wax into some of my 87 GT wheels, and you could use them as mirrors, they had a finish on em after i got done, what a difference!!! also for your engine compartment. Vip, or vehicle improvement products(i do not know if they are nationwide) makes a thing called instant shine. This works great on anything black, hoses, tires,trim, mud flaps, radiators, anything black it makes shine!! just a few more tips to the trade

Eric

·
Registered
75 Posts
can you use never dull on the surface of the 90 GT wheels or just the indents, cause the surface has some coating or something (mine is half chiped off)?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never dull is only for polished parts

your 90 gt wheels, you use it on the flat parts, not the indents. If they have clean coat flaking, then it wont help that, but where it isnt flaked, it will look NEW

Eric

·
Registered
41 Posts
i used a paint called hammerite.... stuff is the shit... can paint over rust if u want to... very easy to used... comes in smooth or hammered finish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts