Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The progress today was to get the fuel side of things all put together. At this point once the wiring is all plugged in. I could technically run the vehicle. I need to finish plumbing the turbo, and get an exhaust put on it some how. As the factory mx6 turbo exhaust hits the motor mount on the b2200. It’s been a frustratingly fun instal. Hope you have enjoyed the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey bud, I recently discovered your post, and it seems to me that I'm about to start the exact same thing myself. Putting a 2.2 efi into a 1983 gc carb chassis. Did you ever get that issue with the plug sorted? I'm having the same problem you had. Looking to work out what that plug is, and how to supply power to everything, including the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud, I recently discovered your post, and it seems to me that I'm about to start the exact same thing myself. Putting a 2.2 efi into a 1983 gc carb chassis. Did you ever get that issue with the plug sorted? I'm having the same problem you had. Looking to work out what that plug is, and how to supply power to everything, including the fuel pump.
I got my truck running, but it was all lean. And trying to figure out what the issue was, was proving to be a pain in the ass. I went with the microsquirt and wire it all in. Was fun and is more reliable. With that being said, the plug under the dash I was looking at was windshield wipers and general car electrical crap that was need. I run a microsquirt, yes, but it’s piggybacked with the factory ecu running the fuel pump and such. If you have pictures, or can explain the issues you are having. Id love to help. If you DM me. We can swap numbers and I can help you further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my truck running, but it was all lean. And trying to figure out what the issue was, was proving to be a pain in the ass. I went with the microsquirt and wire it all in. Was fun and is more reliable. With that being said, the plug under the dash I was looking at was windshield wipers and general car electrical crap that was need. I run a microsquirt, yes, but it’s piggybacked with the factory ecu running the fuel pump and such. If you have pictures, or can explain the issues you are having. Id love to help. If you DM me. We can swap numbers and I can help you further.
That would be awesome mate! Thank you 👍
I have an 83 with a fe carb 2L and I'm hoping to put a f2 2.2 efi in it. I have a engine, ecu loom and ecu, but I'm not having a lot of success reading wiring diagrams to work out how to get power where it needs to go, as well as how to run the high pressure fuel pump I have.
I've read many different diagrams, but still unsure.
I was dearly hoping to find someone that had done this, then I found your post.
Do you have messenger or what's app?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts