Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was removing one of the button blanks to wire in my extra lights to a button when I found this wire behind it seemingly leading to nothing? Anyone know what it's for?

·
Super Moderator
2,157 Posts
Should be for the fogs or the cluster. Is this a rhd or lhd car?

·
Super Moderator
2,157 Posts
Crazy! The aspec lhd cars have a worthless cup holder there! The left side is usually fogs, dimmer and rear defrost and the right is hazards and cruise control. I've never seen a dash bezel like that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crazy! The aspec lhd cars have a worthless cup holder there! The left side is usually fogs, dimmer and rear defrost and the right is hazards and cruise control. I've never seen a dash bezel like that.
Interesting. Guess that's euro spec for ya lmao. My right side only has hazards hmm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone have an idea how to repair a hairline crack in the dash ? I thought of plastic welding, but tried it on a sample, and it didn't look good. I also got some craft putty which looked real good, but it is soft putty, and soon wears away. Is there any kind of putty that you can apply, and it will harden ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone have an idea how to repair a hairline crack in the dash ? I thought of plastic welding, but tried it on a sample, and it didn't look good. I also got some craft putty which looked real good, but it is soft putty, and soon wears away. Is there any kind of putty that you can apply, and it will harden ?
I'm going to be attempting to repair some cracks in my dash soon, but they're definitely not "hairline". Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to deal with a hairline crack that's better than I'm planning to do with my large cracks, which is to dremel out the previous owners bad repair, rebuild the missing segment with epoxy and repaint the whole thing.

I'll have to post pictures when I get there (finishing up some woodworking projects I promised my wife first)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone know if it's possible to get it working? I figure I have to get the jdm mirrors with the right cables to wire it or can you wire it to existing power mirrors that currently don't fold?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to get it working? I figure I have to get the jdm mirrors with the right cables to wire it or can you wire it to existing power mirrors that currently don't fold?
I don't think your existing espec mirrors would have the motors required to turn the mirrors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts