Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHERE WOULD I CONNECT THE POWER TO? SHOULD I CONNECT IT TO THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER WIRE? IS THAT DANGEROUS? SORRY IF I SOUND DUMB, BUT I DONT KHOW MUCH ABOUT WIRING. IVE HAD MY LCD MOUNTED IN THE DASH WHERE THE AC USED TO BE. HELP!!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
peddler said:
WHERE WOULD I CONNECT THE POWER TO? SHOULD I CONNECT IT TO THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER WIRE? IS THAT DANGEROUS? SORRY IF I SOUND DUMB, BUT I DONT KHOW MUCH ABOUT WIRING. IVE HAD MY LCD MOUNTED IN THE DASH WHERE THE AC USED TO BE. HELP!!!
On US layout keyboards, the Caps Lock key is located just above the left "Shift" key. Please use it appropriately ;)

Also, please post in the correct forum; in this case it would be the "Audio and Electronics" forum.

I personally wouldn't use the cigarette lighter circuit, although it should be perfectly adequate. I sometimes plug high powered devices into my CL, and wouldn't want to if something voltage sensitive like an LCD was on the circuit.
-Garrett
-Garrett

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Re: Re: Wiring A 7inch Fareinheit Lcd?

skiingman said:
On US layout keyboards, the Caps Lock key is located just above the left "Shift" key. Please use it appropriately ;)

Also, please post in the correct forum; in this case it would be the "Audio and Electronics" forum.

I personally wouldn't use the cigarette lighter circuit, although it should be perfectly adequate. I sometimes plug high powered devices into my CL, and wouldn't want to if something voltage sensitive like an LCD was on the circuit.
-Garrett
-Garrett
Here I'll help..........

And Peddler,
If you don't use the lighter then it should be fine. I got rid of my lighter alltogether in my car so I could use that circuit to power something else. If you don't need it, then it's a perfectly good circuit to utilize. If you put heavy loads on it, (air compressor, laptop, invertor), then it's prob. a bad idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts