Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas.

New user with a question... So, I ordered some fog lights today and I'm getting them on Tuesday. Here's the question, I need to know if anyone here who has installed fogs can tell me where they brought the wiring into the cabin... I can't seem to find a good spot. If anyone has done this and can let me know, it would help drastically, as I've already paid for the lights. I'm also installing an amp soon and need to know for that application, too.

Oh, one more quick one.... Has anyone done the gutter guard grill thing? I'd like to see a pic, if you got one.

Yay for long-winded questions!!!

Thanks in advance...

------------------------------------------------------
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay... guess nobody can tell me..

Thanks anyway, guys... Guess I'll just have to do some further investigation and try to find something...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I actually took a picture of the location for some dude that asked me the same thing. I'll try to explain it as good as possible. Standing in front of the engine bay, if you look behind the drivers side strut, towards the rear, on th efirewall itself, you should see a small rubber boot wil some wires ging into it. That is the best way to enter into th ecabin from the engine bay. Simply pop this rubber cap off and stick th ewire in. Then go in the cabin and crawl underneath the dash by the steering wheel looking up and you should see the hole where the wire is coming from. E-mail me tonight and I'll look for the picture if you want.

G

·
Another possibility would be to use the stock foglite wires to operate a new 12v relay under the hood. The stock foglite switch then turns on the new relay.Take 12v right off the battery (fuse it)to the relay to power the lites.Use 18AWG. Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jorge is right,

That is exactly how i ran my fog lights wiring and POWER cable to my amp. This way you don't have to drill anything,
and it will only take you a couple of minutes.
Good Luck.
Will (ToyMX6)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS!!

Thanks guys!!

Hopefully the guy at the shop will actually get the damn lights soon, and I can do this. I found the boot you were talking about, Jorge, and it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks...

I ordered these damn lights on Sunday, now it's Thursday and he still hasn't gotten them. Oh well... I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, another retarded question for those more experienced...

Hey guys.

I almost hate to ask this. I promise it won't all be questions from me. The wiring diagram on these lights call for one of the leads to go to the positive parking lamp. Now, this lead is very close to the switch, so I'm assuming they mean inside the cabin. Like the positive lead from the column. Anyone know the color of this wire, etc... Maybe even a location? I know, I'm sorry, I've just never wired anything like these, and I'm already nervous about drilling straight into my bumper to bolt these bad-ass cats on.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would just get a 12 volt light tester and see which wire goes live when you turn the parking lights on. That way, if you use that wire as the power wire, the lights will go on only if you have your parking lights or headlights on and will go off automatically when you turn the lights off completely.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OKAY (sigh of relief!!)

Okay, thanks to Jorge, etc...

It turned out that the lights were meant to be wired just like an amp. It had a 12 volt, a ground and a remote lead. The remote lead was the one wired to the parking light. Since I didn't have a voltmeter or anything of the sort, I ended up just splicing it into the positive lead on my driver side parking lamp, and they are awesome!!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!!

hehe... finally not a question, right?!?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts