Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to replace the head unit on my 93 mx6. After countless hours of looking on the internet i finally found the directions on installdr.com I thought that it would be a peice of cake now but once I got the factory head unit out the wires where different colors and in different places in the harnesses than what was shown in the install dr. diagram. This is when i I noticed that the diagrams said 1994 and up, but 93 is the first second gen. Does anybody know which wire color connects where on the 93? Is this just my cars wiring screwed by the last owner? Is there a difference in the wiring betwen 93 and 94? Where is the fastest place to buy a wiring harnese if i never do figure out the wiring colors?

·
Registered
806 Posts
You should have a wiring harness anyways,,,get one! Places that carry them, stereo shops, Circuit City, Best Buy. Then it will all match up, life will be wonderful, and so on. Then you only have to connector the already open wires and the factory connector is there in the event you sell and want to horde your head unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked on bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com and found nothing on their websites. I get the impression that Crutchfield doesnt sell them, they only give them out when you order a head unit. Is their an easy place to find them on the 'net or do I have to go to the circuit city/best buy store and order them there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in a very rural town (and I own the only mx6 ive ever seen around my neck of the woods) and their are no strictly car audio shops around. does anybody know where i can order one off the net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts