Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had two races last nite. one was against a 5 litre vp commo. had him by 2 lengths from 50 to 100.

the next was against an s14 200sx that ran a 13.5. he had 12psi, 3inch exhaust and a front mount intercooler. i was running 12psi. from a dead stop to 150km/h, all he pulled on me was 1/4 of a car! his eyes were almost popping out of his head when we stopped to talk!

i just love the new found mid-range torque it has now! not to mention the fuel economy!

my previous chip would begin to run rich at 5 vacuum. the new chip runs rich only after it hits 2 psi. i should get around 500km's from this tank WITH hard driving.

definately gets a big thumbs up from me. anyone else who has this mod have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
serious nick? thats great.

hmm... really gets me thinking!! and its pay day today })

anyway dude, probably see you saturday. I will still find out where the guys are having the runs, but i probably wont be going along this week.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If only I could find a way to keep my car running while I send off the ecu!!

I cant not have my vehicle running for a week without it costing me big at work (lots of running around to clients)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have had the chip for about 2 - 3 months, and not one drama car runs like a dream, have been running 15psi the whole time, havent really had a runs against anything worth wild, but it is good to hear that you guys are getting some good results......
one thing i will say is that a good mate of mine has a 5.7l ss with 200kw at the wheels, i have seen the slip, and i took him for a spin in the 6 and he said and i quote " she pulls harder the my ss"
i think that says alot coming from a holden driver, with over 200kw................

·
Registered
28 Posts
black tx5 seeing that ur from melb where did u get the chip? how long did it take? and how much was it? from ur comments it sounds like it really worth it...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree that this chip is amazing i have it as well and cant belive the change it made on a cold night 15psi is wikid i should have a run at the strip soon so ill tell you what i get with my mods

Robbo :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i emailed barry at [email protected]. he lives in mooroolbark (near lilydale/clayton) and it cost $150 installed. i just took my ecu there, and he done the rest. the code on the ecu has to be either f252 or f2d7 i think. click here for all the info.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have also had it done. Makes a good difference, too much wheelspin though! Get good tires and suspension.

It increased my terminal speed from 95.8mph to somewhere in the 97's. Not a huge difference you make thing, except it was 15 degrees hotter that night, and I had 30kg more fuel than the previous time.
That was 13psi, so there is still more in it yet. I think in good conditions without the extra weight and 15psi it would get close to 100mph.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I do have one qualm about the chip but it might just be a one off.
When i reset the ecu, during the relearning phase the car runs rich at idle. My A/R meter reads 11.9 in other words close to flooding. Driving normally the A/R returns to stoich. This happens for the first 15km than the car transforms back into the sleeping dragon!

Anybody else experience this?

It's no biggie but other that i give the chip 2 thumbs up!

I found that Barry was a top bloke! He sure knows his stuff. He was so helpful. Came to my house. Picked up the ecu. Returned the next day and looked over my car to make sure all was in order. Taught me a few things too!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you guys still run stock fuel system (pump and injectros) with the mods to the ecu? I read somewhere here that these are good up to 12psi, but if going further to about 15psi or so, larger fuel pump and FPR are needed.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
has anybody in Perth done this? cos i want to do it to my car but i dont know how long it will take cos i would have to send my ecu ova and as the 6 is my only car, im gonna be without a car for a while. i can handle a week or so without my car but any longer is a no go.

Alternatively, is there any place in Perth where i could get it done?

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is a good thing that u don't have to upgrade fuel system to run up to 15psi. Anyhow, for me, 15psi is more than enough. So how do we contact Barry?

·
Registered
541 Posts
darkslayer: that exactly my problem...

I am investigating to see if there are any wreckers willing to 'rent' or garentee to buy back (minus a few $$) a ecu to use as a temp measure while the mod gets done...

Hopefully I find one, but I doubt [email protected]!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I think I would like one of them one day .. but I recon I may have burnt that bridge.. a well .. it is only the Mrs car @ the end of the day ..
Doesn’t any one have a spear ecu .. blind Freddy.. cam22T ?..

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Mine is a FD27, and it is still in the car running some relays.

I could send it out so it could be chipped, would need to be a 2 week turn around.

I am lifting my engine in the next week or so and the car would be off the road for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I wasn’t thinking so much for me as well Bazz wouldn’t have a bar of it..
But one of you other guys I don’t think you will get a better opportunity..

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
You never know your luck in the big city...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
How did woos lsd work out have they showed up ?. .are they any good ..

1 - 20 of 59 Posts