Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lined up against a deville last night (with northstar)...that shat was funny :D

i really wasn't trying to bait the brotha...but he decided he wanted to floor it, he took a quick fender length lead, then i spooled and by the time i shifted into 4th he was at least 15 lengths behind me....at LEAST...lol

but we came to the next light, and threw up the peace sign...i threw up the "shocker" back at him...lol

i thought the deville would give me a little more trouble....when i first got my 6, a seville sts kept up a lot better than that...lol

only reason i'm braggin is because this is the first car that's lined up against me that actually wanted to do 'somethin' lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
There are two different Northstar engines for the devile, elderado,seville. If it said DHS on the back then it was the Y engine which is 275hp.
If it said DTS then it had the 9 engine which is 300hp. The only difference in the engines is the intake cams have more lift and duration on the 9 engine.
In fact any of them that have the T in the middle of there lettering have the 9 engine, The T standes for Touring.
I don't find it hard to believe that you killed one since they do weight a ton, but if it was the 9 engine it should have given you a little better run than 15 car lenghts behind.

Later,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didn't get a chance to see the rear....all i know is that it was a deville and had vertical rear brake lights. i saw them as he turned at the light after we ran.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
There top-end is supposed to be nuts, They pull on modded gtp's on top end.... read that somewhere :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts