Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day am pulling out of our mall and a metallic blue honda v-tec with greddy exhaust pulls up next to me. He rolls down his window and says"You wanna roll'em." I said sure. We pulled up to a street light(Not my favorite type of race) and when it hit green it was on. At first it was close, then i actually started pulling away. Then i hit my n02 it was all over.

94 mx-6
custom hks/garret turbo intercooler system,custom greddy exhaust,venom nitro kit(floating 75 shot)

·
Registered
446 Posts
According to your sig, (
94 mx-6
custom hks/garret turbo intercooler system,custom greddy exhaust,venom nitro kit(floating 75 shot)
)you have a turboed 2nd gen with nitrous and you
actually started pulling away
?

Either you're very full of it, or this guy had more than
a metallic blue honda v-tec with greddy exhaust

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Bowdown... that was a cool post...

so WTF are you hitting the NOS on a vtec if you already have a turbo? also what compression/boost are you running?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
9psi and 75 shots of NOS all used to beat an accord VTEC? JEEZ... i run down these things with my stock 94 LS... i bet my 1.6 EL could give these things trouble! from your post u said he had "a greddy exhaust" meaning one so this means it could not be the 98 and up 200 HP VTEC engines since they come with dual exhaust... thus u must have raced a 2.3 V4 SOHC VTEC crap box with 150 HP, 152 LBS of torque and a curb weight of 1365 kg... or if u raced the older generation i suspect theyre even slower... even if u did race the 200 HP V6 with VTEC theyre still no match for turbo and i know this from witnessing my buddy in his 1988 MX6 GT race a fully moded 2000 V6 Accord with UDP, 2 fat exhausts from the cat back, ECU upgrade (or so he said) and a CAI... + i think he had some more shizit up in there... and the result, the mx6 GT won by 2 car lengths and all he did wuz turn up the boost to 8 or maybe 9 psi which is about the same as yours..... judging from this struggle you call a race i think u should check for some major vacumn leaks becuase if u started to pull away from a car like that you must have some major compression/car problems... peas

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
well....

he didnt say it was an accord, but the SOHC have about 125 HP am i wrong? and what does the V6 Vtec come is besides the NSX? i thought that was the only one.

as far as V6s go, ive beaten V6 accord coupes in my 4 banger with cat back and cone filter... no biggie... as far as V4s go... ive never raced one. why? well, because ive never seen one. why? because i dont get out much...j/k. no actually because they dont exist. well, in production anyways. not sure if there ever wre any prototypes or if theyre still in some mad scientists basement...

bt anyways... maybe his BOV was stuck open... LOL

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
also a list of internals would be nice...

pistons, rings, machine work, where it was done, where you got your goodies, etc...

lets hear it!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
the reason i chose an accord because he said "at first it was close"... with a civic we know a stock MX6 V4 or V6 can rip one so i decided to take the next step up and go to the 200 HP VTEC accord although now im rethinking this since only the civic SI's come in mettalic blue and also the new 2001 preludes... IMO discussing the type of car he raced would make no difference since a Turbo'd 2nd gen would be a lethal machine and i doubt any honda could test it... also with a 9psi in that baby and NOS its NO COMPETITION! im gonna have to wave the B.S flag on this one... Unless he had his hand break up the entire race then i'd believe him! :eek:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
true, true...

so the accords have 200 HP VTECs now huh?

::pssstt:: theres no V4 MX6

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
turns out the V6 200 HP accords ARENT Vtecs. but they do get to 60 in a neck snapping 7.6 seconds.

Poor, poor, hondas...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
wrong!

in my 2001 canadian auto show OFFICIAL PROGRAM is states "3.0 V6 SOHC VTEC putting out 200 HP @ 5500 and 195 lb-ft @ 4700" i doubt theres 2 accord versions which between Canada and U.S.A... check again man... im SURE its VTEC... btw sorry about the V4 slip.... i meant I4... too bad there isnt a way to stop people from making up these lame Azz stories... hmmm any suggestions? what do u guys think about a suspension from the board! or maybe i should track their IP and have a little fun }) if anyone has an idea to stop the B.S enlighten us! STOP THE MADNESS!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: wrong!

im SURE its VTEC... btw sorry about the V4 slip.... i meant I4...
maybe im wrong. on the page i looked at, i didnt day Vtec. oh well, what did your auto show thingy say for 0-60 and 1/4mi?

usually the best way to stop BS posting is to ignore it. unfortunately, everyone has to chime in. oh well, its a bulletin board, you cant stop these things. the sad thing is, every so often when someone does get a really good kill, no one believes it. when i finally take out a viper or something of that sort, im getting it on vidoe tape

·
Registered
200 Posts
they are VTEC

My dad has a 2000 Accord sedan. I have driven it several times and it is fast. The Accord is Honda's top of the line car (not that the S2000 isn't faster, just that the Accord is their main car), so do you honestly think that they wouldn't give it VTEC? The picture speaks for itself (not my dad's; I wish).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
game, set, MATCH!

LoL just kidding.. dont worry, it was an honest mistake... BTW 626 freak... honda accord 3.0's may be fast cars, but they are no match for a turbo'd and NOS's 2nd gen... :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, but then I could say that
a turbo'd and NOS's 2nd gen
is no match for an Accord with turbo and nitrous. So what's the point, they are both fast cars and pretty soon my family will have both of them (just without the turbo and nitrous; I wish).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
my point was referring to the story which phat6 posted thus i was proving he is full of it... :eek: and about the turbo'd and NOS'd mx6 vs. accord... i put my $$$ on the 6...})

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: they are VTEC

626_freak said:
The Accord is Honda's top of the line car (not that the S2000 isn't faster, just that the Accord is their main car)
im not really a honda person, but it was my understanding that the prelude was hondas flagship (aside from S2000, of course)

so do you honestly think that they wouldn't give it VTEC?
honestly, no... not if it didnt need it. honda engineers were trying to bump the horsepower and needed VTEC to do it to their liking.

answer me this: why didnt they put VTEC in the V6 before? huh, smart guy? ...j/k:p

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
626_freak said:
Yeah, but then I could say that

a turbo'd and nos'd 2nd gen
is no match for an Accord with turbo and nitrous.
well, actually, you couldnt. in order to run any signifigant amount of boost in combination with N2O, you need to have a built engine. once you start building engines and doing sh!t like that, you start getting into higher horsepower, such as 400+. the accord has a larger displacement and therefore will have the larger bore after an overbore anyways. the 20-30 HP that the accord might have over the MX6 wont make much difference in such large numbers, in fact, i bet the extra 300 or so pounds makes it a close race.

another point to ponder... 164HP= 0-60 in ~7.5seconds, 200HP= 0-60 in 7.6 seconds.

hmmmm......:idea:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts