Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
That must have been some big size mama you got over the front of that man. LOL ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks like it might have hurt. . . .

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mx6-uk, your first, I bought it from a teen-age kid that got hit by a Jeep Grand Cherokee, He was making a left after the light was red since he was in the intersection to begin with, and the lady in the Jeep could not stop cause of the road conditions.. So accident was a 50/50 split on fault.. So the Jeep was towed since no radiator was left in it along with the whole front end.. LOL And the MX drove home.. He bent the hood up on his way home cause the accident unlatched the hood... So I have to replace that..

kennymx6, see above, and as for frame damage, there are signs of cracked weld areas and bent sheet metal, but the funny thing is it goes down the road straight as and arrow and is not running dog-legged.. But on Feb. 28th it is going into the body shop to get it measured to see how far off it actually is (cost for that is $80).. So keeping my finger crossed.. BTW I bought the car for a measley $350 bucks..

DWirth769, I could not tell ya, it was not me in the accident..

Gene/=/Splicer, Nopers I was not the one that hit your mom.. LOL I am working on it. Just need a few more body parts and I will be done with that.. Just waiting for the body shop step first.

Willmx6, Nopers that is a 1988 MX-6 LX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Isnt it going to cost you more to fix that car then it would for you to buy another one thats ok.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MX6Princess

I bought the car for $350 (US) bucks.. I got the front bumper with it, a new one.. I have spent a grand total of $63 so far for parts.. Thre rest may cost me about $275 for them.. And maybe $135 to $300 for body shop frame pulling. So for a total of $823 to $988 I do not think I could get another one for that.. Especially in how good of shape the car is in other than that damage.. BTW I seen a 1992 MX-6 LX for sale today with 88,000 miles on it and guess how much?? $3,995 bucks, but it was in tip-top shape.. So there ya go.. Also my car has a 140,000 miles on it (thats about 10,769 a year) and the 1992 one has been driven about 9,777 miles a year.. So in comparison they are quite close..

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ooopppppsssss

I forgot to mention the new paint job it will be getting.. LOL My friends brother will paint if for me and do a super job for about $500 bucks... So not to bad for that.. As for the color I was thinking of a deep dark cobalt blue metallic. I think this would look sharp with the light blue interior...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts