Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,167 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
good point. whats up with all the pt.com promos?

he has an MX6. let him go to whichever BB he wants. i am also very active on pt.com, but i still come here and support all my fellow MX6ers.

just curious man. not startin nothin :)


back to topic: yeah, as far as i know it can be done. if u put "WANTED- KL03 ENGINE" or something in the for sale/wanted forums here and on pt when you're ready, you should be able to get a good deal on a used one in the event someone is switching from a KL03 to a KLZE. or you can just get a KLZE of your own. the latter of the two will cost more tho.

L8Rs
Nick
BLUMX6

[Edited by BLUMX6 on 03-08-2001 at 10:30 PM]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Hey dude, from my experience, it wouldn't be a good way to go. First, you would need the whole engine, not just the block and head. You need EVERYTHING from a V6 engine. Then you need to convert your guages, electrical stuff, and maybe suspension. With the money you're looking at spending to get a V6, it would be cheaper to either do some simple engine work, and add a bunch of bolt-ons, or get a Turbo or Super Charger. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
ShyVietGuy said:
Hey dude, from my experience, it wouldn't be a good way to go. First, you would need the whole engine, not just the block and head. You need EVERYTHING from a V6 engine. Then you need to convert your guages, electrical stuff, and maybe suspension. With the money you're looking at spending to get a V6, it would be cheaper to either do some simple engine work, and add a bunch of bolt-ons, or get a Turbo or Super Charger. Hope this helps.
I agree. All the engine wiring is different, the PCM is different, half-shafts, springs, etc etc.

Turbo that 4, find a FSZE or trade toward a V6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
The reason he plugs pt.com so much is because that forum has been around alot longer than mx6.com and the knowledge base that the pt.com community has is a valuable resource to anyone that owns an mx6/626/probe. If you are looking for visual enhancement advice or appearance specific advice, stay here. If you are looking for technical and mechanical advice, do a search on pt.com first. I guarantee it has been discussed ten times over on probetalk. This will give you your answer alot faster than waiting for one here. The traffic is alot greater on probetalk so the chances of your question being answered is alot better there. If you would like to forward your new found knowledge to the mx6.com community, by all means, do so.

jdmxsix was merely pointing out the fact that a search on pt.com will give you the answer to very basic and common questions.

Personally, I recommend going through the pt.com FAQ, and Julian's website before posting anything. I think it should be mandatory for newbies to do so before joining. Then 'SEARCH' the pt.com site thoroughly before posting a question. I guarantee that you will have 90% of your questions answered going this route. The other 10% is fair game to be asked and will keep the topics fresh instead of hearing the same "what spark plugs are good?", or "what's better Greddy or Borla?, questions a thousand times.

I too started by asking questions, but after listening to my own advice, I now can give answers instead of asking for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
BTW if you had searched pt.com you would have known that the compatibility issues facing a I4 to V6 swap is just too much trouble for what it's worth. Wiring harnesses, motor mounts, tranny, axels, etc... all have to be swapped. Better off selling the 4cyl and buying a V6, it's easier and will be cheaper overall. If you still want more power, swap in a ZE and part out your old 03. Lot's of guys at pt.com would be interested in those parts.

Do your research.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
i have not seen anything on here about the topic and i remember reading many post over there about the same thing. the probe and the mx6 are same engine and you can do the same thing to each, just thought i would hlep with a little reading that he might want to do. well just my thought i just PT has good reading about the cars and there is lots of stuff, Mike dont you have a probe? well, some people might not even know about PT so i thought i would help them out. later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
dj petey said:
The reason he plugs pt.com so much is because that forum has been around alot longer than mx6.com and the knowledge base that the pt.com community has is a valuable resource to anyone that owns an mx6/626/probe. If you are looking for visual enhancement advice or appearance specific advice, stay here. If you are looking for technical and mechanical advice, do a search on pt.com first. I guarantee it has been discussed ten times over on probetalk. This will give you your answer alot faster than waiting for one here. The traffic is alot greater on probetalk so the chances of your question being answered is alot better there. If you would like to forward your new found knowledge to the mx6.com community, by all means, do so.

jdmxsix was merely pointing out the fact that a search on pt.com will give you the answer to very basic and common questions.

Personally, I recommend going through the pt.com FAQ, and Julian's website before posting anything. I think it should be mandatory for newbies to do so before joining. Then 'SEARCH' the pt.com site thoroughly before posting a question. I guarantee that you will have 90% of your questions answered going this route. The other 10% is fair game to be asked and will keep the topics fresh instead of hearing the same "what spark plugs are good?", or "what's better Greddy or Borla?, questions a thousand times.



I too started by asking questions, but after listening to my own advice, I now can give answers instead of asking for them.
he said it all. thank you, later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
jdmxsix said:
i have not seen anything on here about the topic and i remember reading many post over there about the same thing. the probe and the mx6 are same engine and you can do the same thing to each, just thought i would hlep with a little reading that he might want to do. well just my thought i just PT has good reading about the cars and there is lots of stuff, Mike dont you have a probe? well, some people might not even know about PT so i thought i would help them out. later
Indeed I do have a Probe.

I guess it's just that I see plugs and raves for pt.com in just about every single one of your responses. I guess now I know why (which is what I was looking for, after all.) Thanks.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top