Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '96 MX6 and before we initially bought it we had the place put new cv joints on the front two tires. From a reply I received yesterday, it seems that this guys cruise control also doesn't work when he had his cv joints replaced. If it has something to do with the cv joints or something required to replace the cv joints, why would the CC be affiliated with the cv's?

THANX,
ADJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
The cruise control unit looks like a brake booster and sits on the right hand side, back of the engine with a wire going to the throttle wire. The unit works on a vacuum princible, a vacuum line going past the air filter box, actual there is clips on the air filter box where this pipe hooks on to and the to a vacuum inlet close to where your fuel pipe connects to the injector rail. A valve inside the cruise control unit opens, closes this valve to pull in and out the cable going to the butterfly operating the tps and thus thus also the mass airflow sensor. Check for the vacuum pipe and that it is connected.

Other wise it can either be a faulty cruise control unit or the PCM does not set the cruise control

Good luck !!

G

·
And a break in the vacuum anywhere in the loop will keep the cruise unit from engaging.... try plugging up the vacuum connector right where it connects to the cruise unit. This means you won't be able to shut off the cc with the clutch or brake pedal, but it'll tell you if the problem is vacuum related.

...just a thought

-gerry

·
Registered
475 Posts
had both cv's replaced and my cruise still works great. just fyi.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Both aren't related and shouldn't affected one another. Check vacumn connection and electrical connections. If the cruise booster is defective, I got one for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts