Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got codes for

• Knock senor
  • Engine coolant temperature sensor
  • Both O2 sensors
  • EGR(16)
Last time i took the car to the shop because it was idling all funny and running rich they told me they replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor, but that didnt fixed the problem so they put the old one back on. Im going to take it back in and tell them it was after they messed with it that i got a code for it, i hope they do something about it.

Knock sensor i have no idea what thats about. why can this go wrong and about how much will fixing this cost?
I know about both EGR and oxygen sensors going wrong, but about how much does each work cost?

The car is running great, despite all the codes so i dont think i want to do everything at once, mostly because of money issues. Which of the problems should i start first with? I got maintance due in like 200 miles too, along with brake pads and some new spark plugs.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Just to make sure, did you clear the codes (disconnect battery, press brake for 10 seconds), to see if thay are just old codes, and see whether they come back?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i hadnt cleared the codes cause i assumed the guys at the shop had already done that. but i just did it, and ran it a little until it reached normal operationg temperature. The CEL didnt come on and i checked for codes and nothing came up. I was short on time and i didnt want to waste more gas, so after i run it more tomorrow ill see whats up.

Oh and by the way after i connected the battery back on, my stereo is not working!! what happened? do decks have fuses?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
undisputable said:
Oh and by the way after i connected the battery back on, my stereo is not working!! what happened? do decks have fuses?
Damn! Is it the stock radio/cassette? On the 93 626, you have to enter a 4 digit security code to get it to work again after disconnecting the power. Didn't know the MX6 had the same feature.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its not stock man....its a sony deck, its kinda old it came with the car when i bought it a couple of months ago. It doesnt say anywhere on the deck that it has a security code or anti theft or anything. I tried to reset it, and i checked the fuse for the radio too and it was fine.

Btw the CEL came back on with the same codes. o well, i guess ill start with the engine coolant temperature sensor and tell them that it was fine until they messed with it, hopefully get that taken care of for free. Then i guess ill get the EGR taken care of, the O2 sensors next and last the knock sensor. Now i also have a good excuse to get a new deck which ive been wanting since i bought the car. oh and new brake pads, spark plugs, regular maintence, and some speakers....Yea i think im going to leave the bank account empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts