Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one at a auction for 4 grand. Flipped on its lid by a youngster with too much money. Driveline is in great shape considering there is 8,000 miles on it. And I am sure they were hard ones. Car is ruined otherwise. Front right suspension is farked up.

So I have another 89 GT with a bad motor. I was thinking swapping the ENTIRE driveline. I mean making it AWD as well as a modern motor. Since I do fabricating of this kind, its not a question of "Can I?", more a matter of should I?. I also am in ownership of a 03 Focus with a blower plus some other goodies that is dynoed at 237HP. Should I use this Driveline in the Focus, and shove the Focus powerplant in the 89, making me the owner of a turbo and blown MX6s. If you arent in the know by the way, all a Focus is, is a Mazda 3. They are the same so the motor should go in easier Focus. But a AWD, 276HP, 89 MX6 is very tempting.

So give me feedback. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
More power to ya, but I'd suggest you get a full wiring diagram for the Mazda6 from Mazda as, in addition to mechanicals, there is no doubt a sea of electricals that must be dealt with. You will be redesigning the entire car. Might want to do some quick measurements to see if the engine/drivetrain will even fit under the hood/body of the car.

Be ready for some harsh criticism from other members - there have been lots of these types of threads with big dreams but the thread originators always seem to disappear and are never heard from again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dude.....are you [fizzle]ing kidding me? DO IT! How awsome would that be. Honostly I think you should go for it and make it look stock and old and just the ULITAME SLEEPER. How great would it be to pull up to say a Mustang or something and just make it beg for mercy. Dude the MX6 isn't that heavy, all that power + not that much weight + great 4WD traction = crazy fast car

If you got the skill, money, tools, and time than my only question is why haven't you started. You baught this engine to drop it into something right? Dooooo it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I build these kinds of things all day. I am not worried about the :flamer:. Which ever doner recieves this powertrain will more than likely be a shell car. IE- gutted beyond all belief, no climate control, no stereo, no power nothing, no interior, harness removed of all unneccesary parts, etc. Since I do my own inspections I am not worried about legalities so much. The question in my head is should I rip apart a nice new car.

(For the record. I have been building and fabricating, NHRA Super Street units for the last 7 years as an occupation, meaning I go to a place and they pay for me to do this work. I have built EC4WDA units for the last 4 years on the side in my home shop. Flame away)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vrouv06 said:
Dude.....are you [fizzle]ing kidding me? DO IT! How awsome would that be. Honostly I think you should go for it and make it look stock and old and just the ULITAME SLEEPER. How great would it be to pull up to say a Mustang or something and just make it beg for mercy. Dude the MX6 isn't that heavy, all that power + not that much weight + great 4WD traction = crazy fast car

If you got the skill, money, tools, and time than my only question is why haven't you started. You baught this engine to drop it into something right? Dooooo it!
Exactly my friend. Stock wheels and all. Blacked out windows to hide the cage. And a big fart can in the back to intice the V8ers. The weight factor is what caught my attention at first. Those 6s are fat bastards. The motor in a shelled car is boner causing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dyoel182 said:
I thought the MazdaSpeed 6 just became available this month, how can someone already have 8,000 miles on one AND destroy it?
I could see if I got one that it would have more than a normal amount of miles on it. But i dont know about 8K in a month. Is that how long they have been available? Because I know my dealer had one more than a month ago. Of course maybe something got farked up in paperwork because I didnt hook a battery up to check the odometer. I just went by what I was told at auction. Maybe it has less. Yay for me then. :D

And i have seen worse. My 90 S10 pup was rolled at less than 500 miles. We got it and put a new cab and used bed on it and I have had it ever since.:jump:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
believe it when i see it. till then, this will go down on the long list of shit that never managed to materialize.

just because you have a blown focus doesnt mean youre in the position to swap over a chassis between two bodies. best of luck, would be interesting to see

·
Registered
220 Posts
HOlY motha f'in batman! that would be an insane beast if you could get it built. Nice find on the MS6... hope you come through with this.... I gota see some pix to believe it! Nice find on the "getting paid to build cars" job. Thats awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Can u provide pics.

you know we all wanna see that engine + turbo setup.

And indeed what turbo is used ...

Peace
NSXR

·
Banned
27,927 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
shit..all i could find was that it's an IHI Single Scroll, pushes 15.6psi stock, and the engines CR is 9.5:1, with Direct Gas Injection. All from MazdaUsa.com

i'm going to keep searching...but for now...looks like a lot of speculation of what it actually is. with that much boost stock, it could be the VF34 :shrug:

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
[shizzle]..all i could find was that it's an IHI Single Scroll, pushes 15.6psi stock, and the engines CR is 9.5:1, with Direct Gas Injection. All from MazdaUsa.com

i'm going to keep searching...but for now...looks like a lot of speculation of what it actually is. with that much boost stock, it could be the VF34 :shrug:
Where do you see anything about it being an IHI? They're using a small Hitachi with Borg Warner internals, unlike the T25 in the Protege's. Just because it's a Mazda doesn't mean it's an IHI.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that it was, but again, speculation. That's why I was asking what turbo it was earlier in this thread. Because unless I overlooked it, the mazdarecycling site didn't give me anything, and I'm not going to waist their time to ask them what kind of turbo is in the MS6, and your thread where OEM brought it to the dyno meet, didn't specifiy, you just had a tight shot of it...:shrug:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.