Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I trunk area and sides of my car are totally JACKED. Please I need tips on body repair work, its a bunch of dents and unbending that needs to be done. I have less than a month before school starts and I need this fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ahhhhh!! that sucks man. i would suggest not doing it yourself. it's very tricky business. hope you had full coverage...

solar

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just liability. Well my car's trunk is totally messed up, why is it bad to do it yourself? I just want to get input so I know I am not paying a guy $$$$ on something I can do myself. My main concern is getting out the serious dents and stuff...paint and stuff can be done by pros.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Anyways, I think you shouldn't try hammering it by yourself if you haven't done anything like it before. If the dents are deep, the bodypanels propably need to be heated to get them back to right measurements. Deep dents strecth the steel, so you need to heat it to get it back. Plus many other tricks. I wish I'd live in USA or you'd live in Finland. I'd really like to help fellow sixers out with these kind of problems.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. My storage of words is kind of limited...

PS. Yes, I and my oldman run a bodyshop so I guess I know sumtin about this.

Mici

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
wo you'd need to strip the paint and heat the panels then use a hammer and leather bean bag to strech the material back, to say the least. Go to a pro.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out the car is not so good shape. I went to a pro he said that the back half of the car is basically twisted...I need to get a new back half!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts