Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I trunk area and sides of my car are totally JACKED. Please I need tips on body repair work, its a bunch of dents and unbending that needs to be done. I have less than a month before school starts and I need this fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
for most dents take a drill and make a small hole in the middle if the dent. Then put a coarse screw in the hole. Tie a small steal line around the screw and pull. It should pop out alot of the dent. The rest will have to be done with bondo. Also a pall point hammer can get things back into shape. But it will never be like factory. Metal stretches when it bends.

·
Registered
44 Posts
go to a junk yard and get the trunk hatch lights and the bumper and take it to a shop it will save you money by getting the stuff you need so the shop dosent but its still gonna cost alot i did the same thing and it cost me a grand and im good friends with the guy

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
When I had issues like this I like to take it to the dent wizzard first to get out all that they can. Then take it to the body shop to take care of the frame, pantjob and such. I have found that they "the paintshop" will use a LOT less filler this way. Otherwise they will fill every little dent....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts