Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**SOLD**- 88 Mazda 626 Turbo

Ok guys,

She's well and truly dead now. I'm not going to bring her back to life.

So I'm open to any SERIOUS offers...

Body is pretty straight, except for a few dings.

Engine needs a new head gasket, steering rack and suspension need replacing etc... good for a project car or parts car. Gearbox still has a 2 year warranty on it.

I'll consider leaving the interior in it if the price is right. If not, seats are coming out.

So anyone want to start the bid?

Regards

Zako

PS: For those who don't know, I'm in vic btw....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yours is a champagne colour right? Does it have a stock exhaust system?

I'm after a few things if you are going to part it out:

Bonnet
Driver side rear passenger door
Lower driver side dash
Driver side rear passenger seat belt
Cruise control main switch
A few clips and plastic bits and pieces from the interior

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you be interested in taking the whole car off my hands rather than having it take my driveway space? hehe

It's the Champagne silver.

The bonnet has a scoop on it, in primer....

I'd prefer to get rid of it as a whole, so I can free up some room and funds.

Make me and offer? ;) hehe

Stock exhaust except for muffler, stock swirlies, near perfect interior (although in bits and pieces)

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come on guys, make me an offer ;)

I'll probably only want to keep the turbo. The rest is yours. I need this to go ASAP so I can buy a small daily to keep me going.

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey all,

Thanks for the pm's and stuff. I'd prefer to try and sell the car as a whole. If people don't bite at it, then I'd be willing to part it up....I'm hardly ever home anymore as I have work taking up a lot of my time, plus other commitments. I wouldn't have the time to rip it all apart. But if it comes to that, then the weekends will have to do.

I'm not looking for much guys. The engine still runs mind you. Just needs a new head gasket and probably the tranny checked out, but it comes with its 2 year warranty.

So make some offers guys, I want to get rid of this soon as I need to buy a daily to help get me outta this crappy position I'm in now. :(

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
25 Posts
A couple of questions?
The car sounds like it has had a fair thrashing under your ownership. Yet you say it is in great condition. Which is it?
Has it been maintained by a professional or yourself?
This gearbox sounds a bit fishy, but I'm willing to give you the benifit of the doubt (though NOBODY I've spoken to have heard anything about these claims you make)
Who is the workshop that built your gearbox? they shouldn't have a problem with a potential buyer asking a few questions.
2 emails I've sent to Mazda have returned ???? on awd gearbox internal questions.

If you could awnser these questions HONESTLY PLEASE you might find I'll do some business with you, but at the moment it seems a bit, unclear, shall we say.

Simon

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would you buy a car like this if it wasn't meant to be thrashed? Yeh I drove her hard, but I kept her in good nick, with regular oil changes etc... I kept going through engine mounts, but that's expected when you have a shift kit and 13psi.

It was maintained by myself and by a mechanic when ever need be. I don't doubt my mechanical ability and my work has never left me stranded so I don't see that as a problem. One thing the mechanic did tell me was it still has the original timing belt on it. Was going to change it but the engine died before I did.

The box may sound fishy to you, but I'm going on what I was told, now whether the story given to me was a bit of a stir up who knows, but I have members on this board who were with me when the car was taken in, when comments were made and when I got the car back.

RATCO in Dandenong was responsible for the rebuild of my box.

A talk to them revealed they put 7 clutch packs instead of 4 and they apparently put kevlar bands in as well. Who knows, maybe a solenoid has shat itself.

I'm slowly going to take out things like the seats and turbo, injectors etc... but the rest of the engine and box will be there. If she doesn't sell soon, I might take her to the wreckers or auction it off or just go all out and rebuilt the car with a different drivetrain.

Regards,

Zako

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to sell this car asap as I need the driveway space.

Anyone, just take it off my hands. It'll make a great parts car or you could even use it. It has new rego on it, so you'd just need to put a head gasket in, get the gearbox looked at by RATCO, and change the suspension. Just had a service as well - that was when the mechanic confirmed blown head gasket.

The things like brakes etc... can wait a while longer, the car still pulled up hard.

I'm just going to leave everything in it. Simply don't have the time to strip it.

Urgent, very urgent sale. $2000 ono

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note,

I'm willing to ship interstate at my expense.

Really want to get rid of it ASAP.

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi

I am looking for a manual gearbox for my 88 mx6 turbo with all the pedal box and gear **** lever and knob. complete kit with the engine computer.

can you tell me if you have them all and if yes where are you and how much you want for them?

Thanks

Zako said:
Ok guys,

She's well and truly dead now. I'm not going to bring her back to life.

So I'm open to any SERIOUS offers...

Body is pretty straight, except for a few dings.

Engine needs a new head gasket, steering rack and suspension need replacing etc... good for a project car or parts car. Gearbox still has a 2 year warranty on it.

I'll consider leaving the interior in it if the price is right. If not, seats are coming out.

So anyone want to start the bid?

Regards

Zako

PS: For those who don't know, I'm in vic btw....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.