Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
No idea really... I do know our trannys are a big piece of poop. This will be number 4 to bite the dust for me .granted I used to drive like a pissed off teenager lol. I think this one was going before I had it cause I.was rather nice to it.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
No idea really... I do know our trannys are a big piece of poop. This will be number 4 to bite the dust for me .granted I used to drive like a pissed off teenager lol. I think this one was going before I had it cause I.was rather nice to it.
The reason I ask is because gear oil is not meant for fling type lubrication transmissions like ours :) It's too "thick", even when up to temp. That is why ATF is used for fling type lubricated transmissions.

I'm sure a blend of ATF and 70/90w would be OK.

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok does anyone have a good welder that i can trade mine for cuz my shizzle sucks butt.. anyways just got the system in and still working on the head lights and exhaust... dang thing is so loud.. i got the silencer for it but it was still to small.. so screw it if i get pulled over i get pulled over... so kyle i was hoping you still have some of the heat raps for the wires or did u use all of them? let me now cuz i need to fix my ditsy plug since the hei mod did not work for me.....

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I still have some. I need that buffer back too. Got X-member installed, brackets for mx3 tranny mount do not line up so my roommate is gonna make me some new ones but at least I can put her on the road now. Once I get Zach over here to do some tuning for me then I'll feel comfortable driving it to Speedware. Other than that it's all good :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I still have some. I need that buffer back too. Got X-member installed, brackets for mx3 tranny mount do not line up so my roommate is gonna make me some new ones but at least I can put her on the road now. Once I get Zach over here to do some tuning for me then I'll feel comfortable driving it to Speedware. Other than that it's all good :)
Shit still doesn't like up? WTF

What does King have to say about that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to siphon gasoline out of a tank on 89 mazda mx6?
I have been told that the newer cars have buffers or baffles that block siphoning. I am having no luck getting this info at auto parts dealers.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Ram a long hose down there and find out? I'm not sure myself, but I do know there are baffles inside the tank to keep sloshing down to a minimum.

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok pull the sending fuel line off and stick the hose in the gas can and trun on the fuel pump.. so now u dont need to worry about that nasty taste of gas in the mouth.. lol i know on the 2gen u can jump ground and fuel pump and turn the key on and it will run forever... anyways

kyle hit me up asp
i cant call u from the house phone
here is my house number 360-692-7205

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I haven't talked to King about the brackets. The hole for the mount is off by almost 1/2 an inch. Im getting some made and drilling my own holes and will be done with it. But for now it's at least road worthy just no mx3 mount at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Fans no workie :( Me and Zach couldn't figure it out yesterday so hopefully Zach can get Compnut over here to work his magic lol And I scraped the shit out of my exhaust going down my driveway...need to raise the muffler up somehow. Going to Arlington Pick N Pull, they just put out a 94 Mx6 yesterday ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
who's got the hookup for a fender roller? looking for someone or a shop that knows what they are doing (no baseball bats and jacks).

·
Registered
915 Posts
so its coming up to the deadline for all r cars to be on the road so we can meet and race and show them off (racing on the track not street)....................................... cant wait

can i get some info on where we are going to meet and what time and all that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2141 - 2160 of 2897 Posts