Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
ze naa i will just build my other motor but insted of doing all that other junk jest find so ze pistons or just 10.1:1 ratio and port and polish the heads and mani maybe mani throw some ze cams in it do a de valve train and call it good unless there is a ze some where i can get for cheap and just boost that guy.. and ya i think i will just go with boost..

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Pretty sure I killed a d series Honda. Saw a little slammed and kitted Honda. Figured I just got done with 10 hours of work so i'll try and have a little fun upon passing him I Gave him a little 2nd gear wot around 35 nothing to serious. There was a little bob and weave around a car that pulled out and he followed. I noticed he came up on me pretty close so I knew I hooked him. A stop light appeared up the road and we both get stopped "on the line". We launch at the same time I hear him squeel a little as I did and it was on. I only let in around 1.8k. I hit second at 6k with a little chirping and third at 5.5k. I heard his vtech crack on second but nothing in third cause he was 2.5 cars behind! I don't think a fart can and cai was enough for the poor little 98 civic coupe. Mind you it was kinda fair I only have a 4 cyl as well.... Lol hope this little story isn't against the rules. If it is .....I made it up...... Or did I?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
2nd one looks like a better choice if you dont want to try and find exhaust pieces but lacks in gauges (a/f ratio, important for tuning) and electronics like turbo timer so you dont fry your turbo from improper cool down. first one you would still need the exhaust stuff like turbo pipes, down pipe etc. i feel like getting gauges is cheaper than the exhaust stuff. my vote is the second one, but then again, i have never boosted, this was just my thought process on it. Oh yeah and the first one is missing the voltage stabilizer.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
oh man, check out what I found on craigslist. PERFECT for anyone wanting to go megasquirt

DIYPNP Megasquirt for Miata, Eclipse, MR2, Integra, more

diypnp for 350 bucks new (diyautotune price is 425), although not built, but it's new. highly recommended. no it's not mine, but I'm thinking about buying it myself. diyautotune recently had a 18% coupon (which almost never happens), and it looks like this guy used that coupon, didn't feel like keeping the diypnp.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
if i install strut bars (strut tower brace/ strut tie bar) on my car, when i pull the nuts for the strut mounts to attach the bar, and reattach them do i need to do an alignment after? i feel like if i am not a complete idiot when i do it i shouldn't but don't want to assume.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
heh, i'd totally use an engine management and get used to it before I go boosted. I did it the other way around, and well, it took me at least twice as long to get the car running the way it should have been with all the turbo stuff while trying to learn the EMS. I always recommend to get EMS with a wideband first for n/a before going turbo. and yes, I understand your psshhhhhhh desire :)

yup i seen that to and i want to buy it but cant saving all founds to go with boosted motor right now... hahahahhaha go BOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST all i want to hear is psHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH zoom zoom baby lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok so i should get ms before i turbo is tha what u are saying ? cuz when i put the motor together im going to drive it for a lil bit before i boost it.. just so i can break it in then i will boost if u guys say i can just thro it on i will but ya i want to go ms but i will need some help wiring it in if i could get someone over here lol..

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
definitely get ms before turbo unless you want a bigger headache. with a turbo, there are more than enough things that could go wrong. you don't want ms problems along with those other problems (mainly forgetting stuff). it helps to have your megasquirt working so you know it's not the engine management that's the problem, plus it also helps to spread out the cost and familiarize yourself with it.

cool thing about the diypnp is it's plug and play, hence the name. No cutting or splicing of your harness needed. it's based off a microsquirt module, and uses ms2/extra stuff, so it's not exactly ms3x (the latest), but it's definitely more than enough to get your car working perfectly, and will handle your turbo. the only wiring you'd have to do in the car itself (besides the building of the megasquirt) is for the o2's, whether narrow or wideband (go wideband). there's also lots of support out there for megasquirt. i'm pretty noob with this stuff, but i've gotten my turbo miata working and driving pretty well with the support of forum members and the tons of info online

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
ok so i should get ms before i turbo is tha what u are saying ? cuz when i put the motor together im going to drive it for a lil bit before i boost it.. just so i can break it in then i will boost if u guys say i can just thro it on i will but ya i want to go ms but i will need some help wiring it in if i could get someone over here lol..
I think you should get your car running in good condition before talking about turbo this and ms that :)

But that's just me

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think you should get your car running in good condition before talking about turbo this and ms that :)

But that's just me
lets see i am rebuilding a motor right now and getting ready to turbo it and lets just say i dont have a motor in my car (that runs) so this is why im going to boost. so what im going to do now to get on the right track is just get the motor built and put it in then hook up ms get it tuned for now drive it then put the turbo on get it tuned again then go fast :jump:

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
If you get either of those your only going to want to use half the stuff in it lol For important things your gonna want to use high quality products that wont fail on you and blow up all your monies. Getting the kit would get your spooling sooner but you will end up re-buying multiple things like fpr, bov, wastegate, turbo, and probably gauges. I would suggest browsing around on the for sale section on here or probetalk and find good quality products for less. Since your not boosting anytime soon you can slowly build your setup.

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok sounds like a plan im just really looking to build or should i say is rebuild the motor first i thought about piecing the items i need together for the turbo u know. you r right i think im just getting crazy with the hp im looking at lol but ya i got all winter for this build

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Don't get crazy dreaming about high HP numbers lol Once you get to around 350 (or less depending on driving habits) your gonna start blowing up transmissions left and right. If you want higher HP than that get ready to shit your pants when you find out how much it costs to build a transmission.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
lets see i am rebuilding a motor right now and getting ready to turbo it and lets just say i dont have a motor in my car (that runs) so this is why im going to boost. so what im going to do now to get on the right track is just get the motor built and put it in then hook up ms get it tuned for now drive it then put the turbo on get it tuned again then go fast :jump:
Didn't you just blow up your stock motor? :lol:

Like I said...get it running right before you think about turbocharging or even trying to tune with MS.

Kyle...I still need to come down there and clean up your cruise settings and see how you're doing in boost. I'll be down there October 5-7th. :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Didn't you just blow up your stock motor? :lol:

Like I said...get it running right before you think about turbocharging or even trying to tune with MS.

Kyle...I still need to come down there and clean up your cruise settings and see how you're doing in boost. I'll be down there October 5-7th. :)
ok i have 2 MOTORS 1 in the car that is blowing blue smoke hella bad and the other im building so anyways im going to buid it the spare motor

2281 - 2300 of 2897 Posts