Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
i want an insane drop in the front, but leave the rears stock ;)
Wouldn't you want the oposite? Then you could put massic drag radials on the front, thats the only way to do it with fwd, and besides then you don't have to worry about rubbing when you turn.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well i would do an insane drop in the front, and get a stiffer spring in the rear.....help keep the weight shift to a minimum :)

·
Banned
602 Posts
so yea, I went on the dyno today and I'm a little confused. Visit the car domain site for the pic, but it was 163 hp, 140 at the wheels and 136 torque
. Why the hell 137? its supposed to be 160 and 164 HP stock, but yes, I understand 100000 miles is not new, but where did I lose all my torque? So far, I have the cold air intake and a muffler, not even cat back, wtf?!?!?!

PS: I posted a comment like a few nights ago about racing a H22 civic, which had 200 HP. Dont tell me the only difference between 164 HP and 200 HP is a car length cuz thats all I lost by. Maybe the dyno set up was wrong? idk...im pissed.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
prolly your fartcan :lol: :lol: :lol: when was the last time you had a tune up? My car doesnt drive the way it used to, but i need to do valve cover gaskets, timing belt, plugs and wires. Hopefully that will bring her back to her old self. Has your battery been undone since you did you fartcan mod and intake?? Try unpluging the battery for awhile (dont know how long) then reconnect so your comp re does itself with your new mods. other than that :freak: ?

·
Banned
602 Posts
Maybe my timming belt and wires can be replaced and as far as tune ups go since I run full syn and Bosch4s, wont need any covers since I just had headwork done and replaced the alota stuff in there since I took it redline and above. I know its much faster then when I got it 3 months ago and Ive never put anything less then 94 octane. Its jus bs. Im going to go get new wires and timming and catback tommorow and see what that does.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
looks like it was SAE corrected...was this done on a Mustang or JetDyno? and having 140whp with factory rated 160 isn't bad.....because technically the factory ratings are at the flywheel, not the wheels

·
Banned
602 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
looks like it was SAE corrected...was this done on a Mustang or JetDyno? and having 140whp with factory rated 160 isn't bad.....because technically the factory ratings are at the flywheel, not the wheels
yes it was corrected and yes is was JetDyno, nice call. So, its running ok or the way it suppose to?

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You do know that higher octane fuel is LESS explosive right? and that means less power. I don't know much about 2nd gen engines but I do know that anyone who puts anything higher than 89 in an NA 1st gen is a fool. The higher octane fuel is to prevent knocking, because the lower octanes can be too explosive for some cars.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Butcho Sr. said:
yes it was corrected and yes is was JetDyno, nice call. So, its running ok or the way it suppose to?
yes...seems fine. you might want to give some other 2g'ers a look, to see if it's comparible. but seems fine to me. :shrug:

·
Banned
602 Posts
well, I would have to do endless searching, I just tried a small search, no real stuff like me and you, just here say. Anyway, I have some headers and a pulley on its way, Ill do the cat back then also, I will be nice and ready for the meet.

And yea, I found this badass chart. Im only willing to share with the northwest crowd. check it out, http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/combos/et_hp.htm. I have learned from it that every 200 pounds on/in the car is a 10-12 hp difference, man, Im going on a gutting spree....remove 400 pounds, Ill be 22 hp quicker. BAM

*Knowledge rocks*

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
actually you're a little wrong Mark ;) higher octane has the same BTU content as 89 fuel, but has a higher flash point (or spontaneously combusts)
Same thing, thats what I meant by "explosiveness", I didn't actually mean the force of the explosion. If you use higher octance gas in a car that doesn't require it you won't be igniting all the fuel, you'll be running rich, losing power and getting piss poor gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
but power in a gasoline or petroleum based product is looked at in BTU's. The amount of "power" that is converted into energy is based upon how much pressure the fuel source is under. you can light a puddle of diesel on fire with a match and it'll burn. you can then heat up a glow plug and put the fuel under great duress and it will explode, unlike in a gas engine, which burns.

301 - 320 of 2897 Posts