881 - 900 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
friday is no good. i have an appointment i have to be at that day

·
Registered
177 Posts
would it be ok to come in late Friday night and stay the night? remember im in Portland OR thats a long drive and we will need as much daylight on Saturday to get that trany out and the erg valve in?

·
Registered
739 Posts
yeah i guess that would be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Hey, Im sure me and Scubasteve would be down to come help or at least meet up with you. Im not sure how much shiat you have to do to your car but mabey you could do it here at my house, steve needs to do his axel seals and i need to do alot to my car so we will be workin on cars anyways. You should hit me or scuba up on sat pimpin.

·
Registered
739 Posts
yah were gonna be taking the engine tranny out at my girlfiends dads house where the talon is currently hibronating, but id be down to come down there i got the egr replacement to do and i also need to do my brakes. if you guys could come up and give us a hand pulling that engine and tranny it would probably make things go prety fast.and if that was the case depending on when the motor got pulled cruse back down to burlington and we could have some drinks or something while we all work on our rides :tup:

·
Registered
739 Posts
alrighty then.. hey got a question for you.. do you have any pictures of how you hooked up the egr valve on your klze?

i just robbed the one from my parts car and it has 2 coolant lines coming from it. and that could be a prolbem because the motor in my car wasnt set up for an egr valve. and the way it is now its causing the engine to ping prety badly sounds really bad. but when i clear the codes and start it up it just purrs

·
Registered
739 Posts
how do you avoid the egr codes then? for example code 16
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system

code 28
EGR vacuum solenoid

code 29
EGR vent solenoid

code 16 and 18 are comming up and its causeing my engine to ping badly.. becasue no egr action is being given to the egr valve so it must be stuck open.

cause if thats the case i just plug the holes and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I think Megasquirt solves that problem. If not I don't care, you dont NEED it hooked up. Im going to just route a hose to the bottom of the engine bay to vent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
shadow3030, scubasteve_07, & pimpin81 think you guys could find it in your hearts to help use swap tranys too ? i thought i had some one down here in portland to help us but they flaked on me and we dont ahve the money to take it to a shop for the swap, they all way like 400 to 700 for just the labor for it! id owe you guys big time if you can help me out, i know im a new member and im asking alot but like this board Karma is given and taken even in the real world. . . I beg you!!! ok maybe not beg but fervently ask you to help :D

we could do it at pimpin's place, or down in shadow & scubasteves place.
what ever works right? id be up to buy dinner for the help too you guys like Pizza wile you work right?

881 - 900 of 2897 Posts