Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
the full kit brand new is around 2,000. i dont know what this kit was made for or if the rotors are right for the mx6 . im going to test fit them soon and see how it fits. worst case i order a new mounting bracket and rotors for the speed6 and throw them on. all calipers are the same for any of their kits. make me an offer i wouldnt want a whole lot i did an engine swap to get these

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
the full kit brand new is around 2,000. i dont know what this kit was made for or if the rotors are right for the mx6 . im going to test fit them soon and see how it fits. worst case i order a new mounting bracket and rotors for the speed6 and throw them on. all calipers are the same for any of their kits. make me an offer i wouldnt want a whole lot i did an engine swap to get these
cash and I'll build you a turbo :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
looking for a vortech 12:1 fmu, and some oil feed a return lines for a t3 t04e turbo and a kl engine.

let me know if you got eathier and arent asking a rediculious price :jump:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
project continues

The GL is almost a GT now after too many hours to count. If anyone ever has a question about part compatibility I could tell you. Last night just realized I left the abs speedometer sensor in Chicago on side of alley. That sucks, not that I really need abs since snow days around here probably not happen.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
ABS is for suckas :lol:

Btw..good job. How difficult of a swap is it? It would've been awesome to see a Yahama SHO or ZE into a GL

·
Registered
103 Posts
swap

Will it was everything... All electrical from tip of car to bumper, whole engine, most sensors, all the suspension, rear brakes, brake cable, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, turbo, intercooler, all the hubs, half shafts, bearings,ac components, all dash components, heating system, all the seals, all the accessories inside(lots of things), rust clean-up, all the body parts, exhaust, and I'm sure I forgot other things. There really isn't a lot that is the same... All the parts look like they would work at first glance, but most are not compatible.
Still have 1/2 a week of work to do on it. Fluids are in, and the doors are on, can't wait to turn the stupid thing over.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its running

Finally running!!! Turned over first try after priming. Good sign.. Idle problem... I'm thinking vaccum leak, or Idle air control motor, or maybe possibly plugs and wires... I'll start there at the wires and plugs.. Anyone know the diagnostic process for the I.A.C (at least thats what I think its called, can't remember off hand) I know its supposed to engage under load... A.C. and stuff and had the wires break off the motor, but anyone know if there is a diagnostic test for it???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looking good, running great

Going to go buy tabs today.. Everything sounds good, body is finally coming back together. It's sitting a bit lower than I would like, but it looks sweet. I'll post some picture after the first wash down. If anyone has a hybrid set up there selling or a t-bird compressor and wheel laying around they want to get rid of, please let me know. Saw one yesterday on here, and of course its sold, I post around noon on day two after it first popped up... That sucked..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Back view

Interiors still in process, just a driver seat still. All kinds of room though...
Can't believe how many accessories the 1991 Gt has..

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
that looks like west side mv and i think i know that car lol did it used to be baby blue on the bottom?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Paint color

Yeah, picked that car up with wheels and almost a 3" exhaust cat-back and muffler for just over $200. The body, engine, wiring, and all accessories (everything else except the frame, front bumper skirt, and the two rear panels that don't come off) are from a combination of a 1991 GT ford probe and an 88 GT mx-6.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Glad I was able to assist in getting her back on the road :D Looks good...just have to make it one color now :tup:

Btw...do you have a spare GT radiator?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
that car was stolen and the thief's painted the bottom that color to make it look different lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Paint story

Yeah, I heard about that when I bought it. I have to dismount the wheels and grind and buff them now thanks to those same thievies. Some people are so stupid they should ask themselves each morning if its worth getting out of bed.

1041 - 1060 of 2897 Posts