Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
i have some last know good o2's from my 93 still in the stock dp, im also looking for a 95 egr haha.

i stripped my white 93 pgt so i have lots of parts laying around when i get a chance ill try and get some pics of the parts up on here. some things people might be intersted in are some great condition seats front and rear dark cloth, drivers and passanger doors with glass complete, and a pgt gage cluster with 148k and indaglow gagues installed. i tryed to take anything of value off the car before it went to the crusher .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why can't my car just work!!!! i love you mx-6 but my patience is running thin! 3 years of repairing and trying to get the that paradise of NO problems and it just doesnt seem to be working...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Zach,The wheel I got with the t-bird housing looks identical to the vj-11 one. Is the fin pattern the same? Where do I exactly measure across for the inducer measurement? I'm assuming that its the measurement from tips of a fin across the diameter. Other than getting the wrong part sent to me, my other thought was that the original owner of my mx6 put on the t-bird wheel and left the housing the same. Is that even possible? Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
tbird

stocker

the lower fin is more pronounced in the tbird and both have ten fins. The exducer is going to be the same, it's base of the wheel. For inducer, you measure top fin to top fin. Measure a few times to get the most accurate results. And no, unless the PO had the stock compressor housing machined, the stocker will not fit over the tbird wheel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wheel

Zach,I was wrong, it is the right wheel. I think I was expecting something a little bit more in the differences. I'm sure I read the post a few time about it only being 3mm difference on only the inducer, but without measuring I would never have known. I'm following all the directions posted on the rebuild facts but having difficulty getting those t-10 star bolts out (the inner ones) Soaked them overnight still no give. Heads are pretty much rounded. You ever have to drill them out? Luckily this is just a practice run on a completely destroyed turbo from the remains my six. I want to get it right on the actual one, any suggestions. Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
use a tap handle with your T bit...it gives you more leverage. When you start rounding out the heads, it's time to take it to the machine shop.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually managed to drill out the t-10 star bolts. Even though I'm not using that one I wanted to see if I could do it. A drill press would have come in handy. I didn't even have to retap the holes. The remainder crumbled out after I got it drilled out with a slightly smaller bit. Hope I don't have the same problem with the actual one I'm using. I started in on the actual one, taking my time, I've been busy with other things plus don't have the money to send it in to end of month. I have it soaking right now. One more question, do you just use a hammer to tap off the turbine housing after removing the three bolts + one L bracket, and a fourth partially removed that holds on the other L bracket??

1101 - 1120 of 2897 Posts