Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 2897 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Goodson, I was talking to Mx6_deedz about the head. The cams are in the heads on all cars. The IM is only for getting air to the heads so the heads can mix air/fuel and go BOOOOM! lol I don't know squat about the FSZE, you would have better luck going on mazdasnw.com and asking some of the protege guys...or find a protege forum and read read read before you spend spend spend :) And btw, DON'T BUY THAT IM! That is regoddamndiculous amount of $$$ for a Fing intake manifold...not worth it at all...it would have to give you 30-40hp to be worth it and there is NO WAY IN HELL you will get those HP out of just a IM swap without other bolt ons and probably a tune.

Mx6_deedz- the millenia is black with the front pass side smashed into oblivion lol and no I didn't take the cams from it, they are in there but they don't come with ze cams...just ze heads with de (or equivalent) cams. But would be a cheaper way to get a good hybrid engine goin on. Just get ze cams or colt/delta cams and ze IM and you would be smokin tires lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
Goodson, I was talking to Mx6_deedz about the head. The cams are in the heads on all cars. The IM is only for getting air to the heads so the heads can mix air/fuel and go BOOOOM! lol I don't know squat about the FSZE, you would have better luck going on mazdasnw.com and asking some of the protege guys...or find a protege forum and read read read before you spend spend spend :) And btw, DON'T BUY THAT IM! That is regoddamndiculous amount of $$$ for a Fing intake manifold...not worth it at all...it would have to give you 30-40hp to be worth it and there is NO WAY IN HELL you will get those HP out of just a IM swap without other bolt ons and probably a tune.

Mx6_deedz- the millenia is black with the front pass side smashed into oblivion lol and no I didn't take the cams from it, they are in there but they don't come with ze cams...just ze heads with de (or equivalent) cams. But would be a cheaper way to get a good hybrid engine goin on. Just get ze cams or colt/delta cams and ze IM and you would be smokin tires lol
haha now i feel really stupid ummmmm ya..... well i was not going to buy the IM for that price and i think i will try going with the cams and build my head when i do the swap so i can get the top end done and then i well go after the bottom end latter... lol i feel really stupid on that but hey im still learning something lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dope going in on wed or thurs to pull the heads might as well leave the cams. starting to horde parts till i get the money to rebuild everything. hopefully my bottom end wont be toast but i have some ticking up top. Forgot what steve said it might be when i traded him for the pacesetters, not to worried about it tho still pulls like a champ.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
that works too lol atf just has detergents in it to help clean out the hla's some. i have also had good luck with lucas oil treatment to quiet the hla's down

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Lucas Oil Stabilizer FTW Just make sure it's warm or it will pour out like cold honey lol Don't worry Goodson about lookin dumb...I learned everything I know from this website and scubasteve...and some good turbo knowledge from Zach. Gotta learn somewhere, always ask questions for answers you don't know IMO

Edit: And some good knowledge of rims/suspension from Weaksauce lol

Edit x2: Birthday watchin MNF @ Hooters FTMFW

·
Registered
915 Posts
ok this is off the subject but i need to find a J.O.B sorry but i got to get this off my chest im on L&I and trying to pay bills sucks they do not pay me enough.... and on top of that i been sitting at home forever and its driving me up the wall.. i will go back to my job when im done with my Physical Therapy for my ankle... but the doc does not want me to go back to that job because its on rough terrain (landscape).. but he wants me to go for the job im in school for.. and thats welding and its hard to get into

sorry for all that just going CRAZY AT HOME.........

·
Registered
511 Posts
So i got a question how the [fizzle] does a slug get into a sealed car. I mean I cleaned my car yesterday "inside" and now there's a slug in my trunk. What the [fizzle]... :mad: This car must have a worm hole or some [shizzle] cause i'm always finding new [shizzle] in my trunk... :confused:

1281 - 1300 of 2897 Posts