Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 2897 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
The struts on the gen1's commonly go bad. The gen2's have different manufacture from Germany I believe. And just under the strut mount there are some differences as well, gen1 looks like a flat "top hat" and gen2 is more of a cone looking "top hat". The good thing is that when you buy replacement struts they only sell the v2's...$110/strut.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
lol It is alot O cash but for the adjustability and quality it's not too bad. The Tokico Iluuminas are $153ea...of course you can run springs or coilovers on the Tokico's. The cool thing about the Ksports is that you adjust the height by turning the very bottom and you leave the spring uncompressed, just tight enough so it doesn't flop around... if you want to slam it then you would probably have to compress the spring some.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sooooooo, are you getting a klde? why not just slap that bitch in there now, and build up your fs how you want, then roll with the fs for a while [fizzle] around with the tune and what not, then mess around with a de, you will have two shells shouldn't take much to straighten out that green shell. :) :) :) :)

Just mah two copper pieces.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Sounds good...the earlier the better. Deedz...just got home from work...I might try to get my lazy ass up early tomorrow and see if I can swap out in a couple hours before I have to leave to go up North. I'll let you know if I can bring the Tokico's or not.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Tomorrow anytime will work. Not sure if I will be going South tonight or what, but I will be home tomorrow for sure. Me, Steve and Jarrett will be getting mx6's to the storage and will probably get some work done on them. If your gonna roll down tomorrow PM me and I'll give you my address.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
For sure, we will get the engine out of the red car and into the silver next Sunday...then the car is yours! The sooner the better on getting the engine...roommate doesn't want it out there for too long.

We (scubasteve, DeeDz, and I) got the engine out of the silver mx6 today, got Ksports installed and slammed, and got DeeDz hooked up on a nice suspension setup. Wont be ready for the MNW Dyno Day next Sat :( Will hopefully be able to drive it to MNW monthly meet though.

(no engine)

·
Registered
915 Posts
still sexy with out the motor in it... next week yes tell me when and i will be there for the pull out on the red one... i wish i was there today but fam comes first sorry guys.... but this weekend im all about the motor and car i want to tow it out sunday if we can.....

1561 - 1580 of 2897 Posts