Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day i was at my friends house and he told me to take his car and go to the store to get some cokes!! since the 6 was at the front of the lot it was just alot easier to go in the new 2002 wrx(I love driving this car)anyways well as soon as I take off I stop at the light and this mustang pulls up to be and starts reving his engine, I reconized the guy he's from this crew around here called "united mucle cars" anyways so as soon as the light turned green I punch it we went neck to neck until I hit 3rd then I was pulling way very quickly,, I really made him look stupied since some of his friends were watching near by at a local carwash!! after I took him I went to the little store got the cokes and went back to his house like nothing happend,,, what he dont know wont hurt him,, hehehe!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Subaru Impreza WRX sti..... XO .................. I get goose bumps all over when I hear about the WRX/ WRX sti.

G

·
guys if you do your homework very carefully and call a few people like i did who race these things in austrailia, you will find that the WRX here in the US is not the same care that japan has, not the same engine, turbo, or trans, it has a different valve train too!.. They sure do market it that way though... it will be very expensive to get 350HP out of the WRX, but you can do it.. but in japan it's easy and cheap to get those numbers..
I was about to throw down the 27,000 and get one untill i heard that my mazda would just smoke it to 300HP...

but if you want handling it's WRX time.. but not for 27G's..
damn thats expensive to put up with those looks for that much dough...

sorry fella's

·
Registered
160 Posts
yes i know...

I know...it even says that the drivetrain is a bit different on the car reviews...but still, for the performance that it already has, the price is still good. Also, the car should be more responsive to modifications than our cars. If you haven't test driven one yet please do. Especially launching @ 6K rpm when the turbo REALLY sppols up. Hopefully the sti version will still arrive here near 2003. But yeah, I will definitely say that mx6's body style looks a whole lot better than the WRX.

P.S. (not trying to be smart) but if you ever get over 300HP at the crank or possibly at the wheels, please let us know...that'll be so tite knowing an mx6 will kill almost any car on the street. Also let us know how much you spent to produce that much power.

G

·
yeah.. I test drove the WRX and am still being pestered by all the dealers because i actually came in when they had like 20 of them instock...
The car is insanely corked up from the factory, I do like the way the turbo just sits there on the side like any really cool setup..
I was told by a guy in austrailia that a real good responding mod to do is the exhaust and downpipe on that car... and then from there you can turn up the boost a little,, to get around 260HP or so.. but it wont go as far on the street because this car is all wheel drive... and most of my races have not been from stop lights like all wheel drives like to do.. (launches),, most of my races have been from around 30MPH or faster... and thats fun because you are right in the super torque curve and the boost is just waiting to come online.. (I dont need to mention all this to you guys though)

I didn't spend more than 1 grand on my car... and it flys.. I was told if i upgrade the turbo with the bigger one,, i could actually blow the motor if i let the boost go over 15psi with the bigger higher flowing turbo...without beefing up the motor first...

oh well, hope to see you guys around my place soon...

later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts