Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How slow are the WRX wagons?? I raced one last night and absolutly killed it, by at least 5 or 6 car lengths. Slowed down cause of the oinkers at about 65 in a 35 and he eventually caught up and it was a couple of younger asians, came up at the next stop light and said, "what the hell is in that thing". I calmly replied "6", light turned green and he tried to race again. Stupid retard, I was turning left. :p

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Maybe it was atx or a rebadged 2.5RS. They're not appreciably slower than the sedan. Always try rex's from a roll, they lose their advantage.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just raced a WRX wagon a few days ago, we went from 70mph in 4th gear, and I held him off by half a car. The WRX that I raced had a downpipe, and a ported turbo (he's my neighbor)

The guy you raced must of been an auto (auto WRX's have THE worst turbo lag) or the guy couldn't drive if his life depended on it.

No offence but my MX-6 would of never even kept up with a WRX. So I don't see how you could of "killed him" with the mods that you have.

Juggalo

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i was figurin, that it was an auto cause I raced a sedan about a week ago and I kept up with him almost through 2nd and then he took off right before i shifted into 3rd.

Im not sure but I think the owner of my car before me, a pilot mechanic for the navy, changed my gear ratio cause when I shift it is not the smothest shift between gears, you kind of get a "clunk, clunk" but with out the sound (kinda hard to explain), but when I am on the freeway going 80 in 5th, I am at 4.5 - 5 rpm's and when I cruise at 35 i am usually in 4th at 2.7. Is everyone else's close to the same??

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy sh*t!! 100 at 4800. I am at like 5800 or so. God damn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts