Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone got a complete Turbo Kit for a 2.2L ...Im after one for a stocker non-turbo 2.2L i have spare...let me know.....I dont need the intercooler, turbo, inlet manifolds...but i need the rest like:

dizzy
injectors
Throttle Body
ECU
Wiring Loom
All hoses and piping
and every thing else I have forgotten....

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
hey off topic but just so you know, I didnt come tonight cause it was raining and the seats would get wet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey has anyone got a complete Turbo Kit for a 2.2L ...Im after one for a stocker non-turbo 2.2L i have spare...let me know.....I dont need the intercooler, turbo, inlet manifolds...but i need the rest like:Are you saying that ur converting a 2.2L non-turbo into a turbo version

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well i be interested on how he goes, cos i ive been looking into that the last 6 months
i have a 2.2L turbo in my car but picked up a non turbo as a spare wanting to add a turbo.....So far learned or been told by many that it cant be done as the 2 motors run on different compression rates.. non-turbo is much higher.
thought about a de-compression plate but no1 can help me with that.
to my knowlege ive learned/or been told to put a turbo straight on will blow it,in no time and also damage the engine.

so flavor if you know something i dont im interested to know if it is possible

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
main difference is the turbo has 7.8:1 comp, and n/a has 8.5:1 comp ratio. just different pistons

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummm........yes! I have turbo pistons etc...! so thats why I am after the other stuff cuz thats all i need....im actually making a hybrid engine....Im using the AS telstar turbo block and the 2.2L head with all the turbo add ons.....and will run 2.2L turbo ecu etc....but i need the rest of the parts!

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
you will need to change the cam sprocket on 2.2lt to the 2lt one.

and move the alternator i think. depeends if u can put it on the RHS of the engine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have these spare, off my 89 wreck
*dizzy (has broken cap and rotor), its the three sided rotor shaft version
*injectors
*Throttle Body
*ECU
*Wiring Loom, not sure on the condition of the loom, might be some broken wires...
*and I have some piping, but most of the rubber pipes are gone, semi good TB boot.
make me an offer/s
I live about 80Ks south of adelaide if you wanna check em out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts