Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my 2nd gen MX-6 sit for a couple months since I had the SRT-4 to drive but now its winter and in the Dodge goes. After I did some basic maintenance to it I drove it around and noticed their was a loud hole in the exhaust somewhere, i took it to Meineke and the Manager said my Cat-back is rotted through. I went to the lift and looked at it and sure enough, there was a whole on the pipe between the cat and the muffler and a couple more holes in the muffler with alot of cracks and metal flakes that broke off to the touch.

Well I was quoted at least $250 for a custom setup to replace everything ($600 for a factory catback, no f'in way) and i told him id give them a call then went online to check. So far pacesetter seems to be the cheapest cat-back at $200 here: http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_part_detailos.cfm?vmakeid=220&vmodelid=110&vcatyear=1993&vnopinum=001%2B1933&vTitle=MAZDA MX-6 1993
But was wondering if any of youse guys was selling a used catback for cheap. Im not lookin for max hp or anything, the MX-6 has been delegated to be my beater car so im just lookin for the cheapest replacement.

·
Registered
706 Posts
yeah, a custom setup is the way you'd want to go. don't take it to meineke, take it to quality auto instead. they've done my exhaust and my friends' as well.
i'm buying a borla catback for mine probably after christmas to go with the already-installed pacesetter headers on the klze. i have a magnaflow race series muffler on 2 1/4" pipe that quality put together for me for about $200 (muffler cost $350 from magnaflow's site).
i'd sell you mine, but you need one now, unless you feel like waiting?!
btw... where in woodbridge are you??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im from the Fords Section of Woodbridge right by the Exit 11 offramp. I wasnt looking to spend a whole lotta money, I just want the car to last me maybe a year cause my SRT-4 has had trans problems. Im just working on making my MX-6 somewhat streetable. Its got a whole bunch of engine codes and i went to a junkyard today to look at replacement parts for the other stuff.

·
Registered
706 Posts
cool. i'm on ford avenue by the parkway exit on route 1. check out junkyards for the exhaust.. if they dont have a car in the lot, they can usually order one from another for dirt cheap. if not..... your nearest exhaust shop is better.
if i sell mine when i order the borla, i'll let it go for $100 for the whole thing, without the cat, since i have a high flow welded to the headers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts