Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Clutch Kit, and Flywheel for an F2T.
My auto just went tonight on my way home, and I no longer have drive or od.
So I urgently need a flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing.
Drive axles would be a plus too, if avalable cheap, but not desperatly needed.

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
ok, the clutch kit always(usually) comes with the clutch, the pressure plate and the bearing.I dont really know the cost range for the kits though, it depends of the fabricant i guess.Shopping is always the best way to know.
You dont really need a flywheel, you just take it to an auto part or a garage to send it resurfaced(usually costs about 50 to 100 bucks).
They are going to tell you if your flywheel is burned enough to be dead or not.
Drive axels??go to a rebuilder, they are going to make you a deal, plus they take your old ones as cores. Its usually cheaper this way and much safer than taking some from the scrap(wich you never know what surprise you'll get)

For sure thers always a cheaper way to do things, but hey, im telling this way because it going to be less trouble and its going to last more.(im a mechanic, so i try to not have come-backs when i do jobs for clients)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, the clutch kit always(usually) comes with the clutch, the pressure plate and the bearing.I dont really know the cost range for the kits though, it depends of the fabricant i guess.Shopping is always the best way to know.
You dont really need a flywheel, you just take it to an auto part or a garage to send it resurfaced(usually costs about 50 to 100 bucks).
They are going to tell you if your flywheel is burned enough to be dead or not.
Drive axels??go to a rebuilder, they are going to make you a deal, plus they take your old ones as cores. Its usually cheaper this way and much safer than taking some from the scrap(wich you never know what surprise you'll get)

For sure thers always a cheaper way to do things, but hey, im telling this way because it going to be less trouble and its going to last more.(im a mechanic, so i try to not have come-backs when i do jobs for clients)

what am I gonna do, resurface my torque converter?
(my car is auto, that was in the first sentence)
I also know that a clutch kit contains everything, thats why its called a clutch "KIT".
Yes, rebuilt axles would be best, but its a money thing right now, this is my winter beater.
Sucks that I have to do a tranny swap in the winter to it, but whatca gonna do? I can't drive everywhere doing 70 in second at 4000rpm.

So, really I was looking to anyone that might have some parts kicking around as left overs, or a parts car they stripped, etc.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
lol, sorry about the auto thing. my bad! good luck though!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dynapack is about the last one I want! LOL
I have found one for 165 local (exedy), and I managed to dig up a flywheel (hopefully it can be turned, its quite rusty).

Still seeing what may be out there though.
Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts