Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title states what i'm looking for.. i need mint as possible the new car i'm looking 2 buy the rockers have rusted away LAME!! it's 97 LS i dont care 4 color just mint as possible thx everyone~

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
title states what i'm looking for.. i need mint as possible the new car i'm looking 2 buy the rockers have rusted away LAME!! it's 97 LS i dont care 4 color just mint as possible thx everyone~
they are only $129 a each new from the dealer and if you get a discount it should be even cheaper

·
Registered
717 Posts
thats not bad Parter, maybe that would be the easiest. 97 LS huh? Sounds cool man, give us some info on that one. Are the rockers the only thing rusted?

Hey, what other body stuff can you get from a dealer?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
probably fenders, hood maybe doors and sunroof panel, lights most things you could probably get

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugh non of those dealership carries those parts i guess you didn't ask if they had them in stock~

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mazda canada has discountuied that item or i would've orderd them from my work already this is lame!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
oh that sucks, they said they could get them no problem when I called, guess you will have to get some bent up for you, how much is this car for sale for?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
rocker repair is expensive.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but if you know the right ppl & got hooks up nothing is expensive i might take my old rockers off from my crashed DD & put them on my new 1 & take it 2 my body guy buy a bottle of wine or something like that he's gotta tack like 4 spots~

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
lol I love knowing people that do bodywork! the guy that quoted me $250 to do my rocker also quoted me 1500 for a full new paint job in any scheme I want that includes all the windows out, interior pieces, as much of under the hood as he can do and all rust/dents fixed :) also includes shaving all badges, trunk keyhole and antenna

·
Registered
717 Posts
^^ Damn, I want to know your friends. When you move out here redbond, YOU will be my bodyshop friend, like it or not. :p

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
what he's really saying he wants 2 touch you in different places while your sleeping HAHAHA i'm kidding artemis im going 2 find you the qoute 4 the j specs today !

you have a PM art~

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
ok. so i went to a ocal place here in town who does all types of body parts.. I ask for rockers for a mx6 and they laugh at me.. i'm like ok.. they said i doubt it, they said the mx6 was never popular. ? ok?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
no you could never buy them aftermarket... they are not that hard to make just gotta know what your doing a body shop will make them up if you get them to do the work. and rather then paying for the price of a rocker panel they would charge whatever they charge customers for the amount of sheet metal they use

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
ell this is kinda aftermarket.. this comapny sells raw body parts to body shops cause they are OEM exact fit replicas.. they had many parts for the mx6, just not rockers. I went here, cause last time i needed a body part, they sold me a brand new fender for 30 bucks.. i thought that was decent.. it wqas worth a shot..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts