Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 GT touring sedan, and I have a hole in the DS rear tail. I'd like to replace it if anyone has one kicking around.

LMK

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
There is one on my 626 hatch parts car but i cant remember what year the car is or what shape the tail light is in, will check this weekend.

Reactions: Zach

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir!

Since you have one there, can you do me another favor? If you have the cargo cover still in place, is there a bar or piece of wood that secures the piece of the cover that is directly behind the seats? Seems mine is missing. It has a pair of brackets on it, but nothing to attach to :(

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thank you sir!

Since you have one there, can you do me another favor? If you have the cargo cover still in place, is there a bar or piece of wood that secures the piece of the cover that is directly behind the seats? Seems mine is missing. It has a pair of brackets on it, but nothing to attach to :(

I though that piece was part of the cargo cover, I will check what is left in the hatch of the 5door, this one has a grey interior.

Do your rear tail lights have chrome trim below them or above them?

I think the Aspecs have it above the light and Bspecs have it bellow the lights.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I though that piece was part of the cargo cover, I will check what is left in the hatch of the 5door, this one has a grey interior.

I think the Aspecs have it above the light and Bspecs have it bellow the lights.
I won't know for a couple hours when I get home. Mine have the long indentation in the taillight. I'll also post a pic of what I'm talking about with the rear hatch area/cargo cover.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Amber and chrome on bottom. The amber is indented if that makes sense

https://imgur.com/a/82latLB

Pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Amber and chrome on bottom. The amber is indented if that makes sense

https://imgur.com/a/82latLB

Pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately the 5door has Aspec tail lights, It's an 88-89 front welded to a 90+ rear end (car was rear ended), was hoping they used 90+ tails but no. Wouldn't mater because the driver side is smashed anyway, passenger side is good and there is a spare passenger tail in the hatch.
I checked the boxes of lights I could remember the location of but only found MX6 lights, somewhere I have 626 lights but I don't remember if we pulled any touring sedan tail lights.

I did grab the deck lid cross bar. It is a rod welded to flat steel.
It is press fitted into the deck lid but was 90% detached so I pulled the rest apart, brought it home and cleaned it up.

Again it is usually pressed into the carpeted deck lid plank with many sharp 4prong circles, I think that using adhesive, a vice and a 2X4 that you can press/fasten the rod assembly to the deck lid.

Or you can get the same length rod, mark the rod position on the bottom side if the deck lid, take a tiny drill bit and drill holes in front and in back of the bars position, then use clear nylon or matching grey thread and tie/sew the bar to the deck lid.

My Email is [email protected] if you Email a phone number I will send you pictures of the deck lid bar.

The asking price is the cost of a shipping tube (like a poster would go in) + shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts