Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piston number 3 decided it had enough of the abuse while doing a pull the other night and added a handy cooling passage to itself, combustion chamber is more metal flakes than actual chamber Now. Looking for a head if anyone has one laying around before I harass a million local junk yards for a car they definitely don't have. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I have many heads available. 150$ + shipping for head with valves and springs, no rockers, no cam, no housings. the head has never been shaved and is true (flat/level).
Manifold stud holes helicoiled add 25$.
Fast port and polish and valve lapping add 200$. (full porting and valve seat cutting, no cc work, no polishing).
New vale seals and ported exhaust manifold gaskets. Free if you ship them to me I will swap the seals and port the gaskets, they must be factory style flat steel.
Hand cut intake gasket to match the ports on the head included with port work.

Every time a head is shaved it increases compression ratio, sanding the combustion chamber lowers compression ratio.

Pros of ported head and valve seats:
-faster boost, more power per psi, more aggressive engine sound, more torque everywhere in the power band.

-Cons:
- worse gas millage, if you are running the factory ihi the maximum air flow is decided by the turbo 21lbs/min, 210 block hp. this can be achieved by increasing boost to that limiting point or engine flow.So with these ported heads you cant run as high boost on the factory turbo and your limited to the same peak power before the turbo goes.
-will take longer to deliver.

Reactions: juanpac_tupac
1 - 2 of 2 Posts