Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you can see im in serious need of a new headliner (also the cloth piece on the sunroof), ive been going around, and ive gotten things from "order one from a dealer and let them put it in" to someone saying "it would be hard to take out, but if i do it itll be around $300". i figured i could do it by myself or atleast get help from a shop and pay them a little. the only 2 MX6s i found at my local junk yard was junk, a tree fell on the top of one, destroying the headliner, and the other was completely stripped of its interior, so i figured if try to get one off of here.

if you can, please post a pic or PM me a pic of the headliner you are going to sell, thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
is this for a 1st gen? If so i have a grey one in 47 times better condition. I think the only thing wrong are some small grease finger prints up by the sunroof buttons. Not sure how i would go about sending it? You just want the cloth part or the whole like assembly thing i guess you call it?

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I can't tell from the pics, but there are several colors and it looks like you have the grey headliner that goes with black interior. I don't have one, but they are NOT hard to install if you can remove screws. Also, shipping won't be inexpensive UNLESS you allow someone to fold the liner in half (at the corners of the sunroof). Shipping companies charge by package size as well as weight, and the last non-folded healiner I shipped cost me around $85 JUST to ship.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a 2g, sorry i didnt really think about putting that, wow i did not know that it would cost that much and folding it would kind of destroy it. i guess ill have to wait for a junkyard to get a trashed Six so i can take it out and take it home with me.

thanks guys for getting back to me

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
see i didnt know it would cost THAT much to ship either. i have an extra one that is in WAYYYY better condition than yours.

feel free to drive up and get it :)

but i really wouldnt think they would be too hard to re cover. Just go buy some black cloth and some sort of spray adhesive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my dad dug up this site from somewhere, i was considering doing this, before i decided to ask the forum.

Auto Headliner Kit For Car, Truck, Van, SUV
Auto Headliner Installation Guide

it doesnt seem all bad, just time consuming, ima wait a little more, maybe a MX6 will show up at the junkyard and i can get it. if not then ill go to this on a day i know i wont be using the car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts