Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a KLZE ecu. Please pm with what you have!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
36 ecu on probetalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx bro, but that's abit expensive for my taste, those ecu's really are not worth that kinda money anymore

I emailed probinator to see if he can chip my old kl01 ecu sitting here

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That is typically what they go for not that i agree with the price. Besides you would much rather keep your ECU + probinator chip which is apparently tuned for more HP than a ze

Also the ZE file is available and you could have somewhere burn it to the appropriate chip.

Also i have a ZE chipped + socketed KL07 ecu or i could sell just the chip.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
yeah but chipped DE sux 4 turbo cant by pass a chipped de ECU depands what your doing 2 ur car if you plan 2 turbo dont waste ur time cheeers matt~

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im quite aware of the options I have. I have had a kl36 and a chipped k8 ecu in the past. Guess I was looking for someone who was willing to go under 200 for a ecu.

Ryan takes some time to get back to me about the chip, hence the post looking for a kl31/36

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
yeah but chipped DE sux 4 turbo cant by pass a chipped de ECU depands what your doing 2 ur car if you plan 2 turbo dont waste ur time cheeers matt~
explain what you cant bypass or do... no it is not tuned for turbo so the spark map would probably be too advanced and the fuel would be tuned for NA which would be too lean for a turbo. but the OEM maps wouldn't be much better...

If one goes turbo they need more engine management than some OEM or NA tuned chip, but not everyone knows better.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
solo ryder- i've been thinking about selling my kl36. do you want a je50 to go with it??
i've been pondering about doing the Probinator chip cuz it has some advantages over the kl36(code reading ability, etc.)

$175 shipd for the ecu, $250 for ecu/vaf shippd

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a mx3 I dont need a je50. I am probably gonna go with a probinator chip as well, it just takes forever to get it, unless you willing to go way down in price.

Let me know

And as for boosting, what does it matter? If you are gonna boost any fool knows that you should run MS or some type of piggyback/standalone. None of this FPR/FMU crap

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Dude i have a Chip if u want it.

if you want i can even socket your ECU.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a chip for a kl31 cammed ZE motor with a curve neck kl47 IM and a je50 vaf?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
no i forgot about the curve neck.

also i wouldnt bother with the JE50, just grab a KL02 vaf for the standard curved chip which will make it easier to resell some day.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
how far is way down. anything less than $150 i wont do. and if i was to sell it for 150, that wouldnt include shipping

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i forgot about the curve neck.

also i wouldnt bother with the JE50, just grab a KL02 vaf for the standard curved chip which will make it easier to resell some day.
Right, but I was under the impression that the chip will allow you to use either the kl02 or the je50 VAF.. Either way, I can get a kl02 VAF if needed

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
a je50 is only needed if you are running a kl36 or kl31. if you are running an a-spec ecu, both the kl02 and je50 can be used

buying the je50 is a waste of money if u have a chipped ecu, cuz in Probinators chip, he changes the way the signal from the vaf looks to the ecu, so adjustments can be made to fuel/spark tables. the je50 sends a different signal than a kl02, and the kl36 has to see that signal. our a-spec ecu's are able to handle both signals and determine the tables from that signal.

thats at least what i understand from all that i've read, been told, and tested on my car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a je50 is only needed if you are running a kl36 or kl31. if you are running an a-spec ecu, both the kl02 and je50 can be used

buying the je50 is a waste of money if u have a chipped ecu, cuz in Probinators chip, he changes the way the signal from the vaf looks to the ecu, so adjustments can be made to fuel/spark tables. the je50 sends a different signal than a kl02, and the kl36 has to see that signal. our a-spec ecu's are able to handle both signals and determine the tables from that signal.

thats at least what i understand from all that i've read, been told, and tested on my car.
Thats fine, but i dont need to buy a je50. I have a mx3 and about 4 extra ones laying down here in the house. I would need to buy a kl02 VAF

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
i'm going to a parts yard tomorrow. i'll c if they have one, i'll test it and if it works i'l buy it up for you

sound good

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'm going to a parts yard tomorrow. i'll c if they have one, i'll test it and if it works i'l buy it up for you

sound good
The probinator chip as I stated should work with both VAF's.

Thx for the offer, I can source one pretty easy though. Unless you get one for like 5-10 bucks haha

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I would ask probinator on this.

if they change the map to work on the KL02 vaf then i would say by using a JE50 would throw it off. It is not to say it wont run tho it may be off. I don't believe for 1 second it can detect and decide what VAF is installed and use the map based on which VAF it thinks is installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts