Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need rear calipers for the car I just bought..not looking to pay a lot.I can buy them brand new for 120.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
buy them new! they really aren't that expensive I paid like 60 a piece for new ones where do you get the 120 from?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
unless you meant 120 for the pair in which case just pay 120 its worth buying them new because used ones could seize up sooner then later

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I need rear calipers for the car I just bought..not looking to pay a lot.I can buy them brand new for 120.
Just have them put on Protege5 calipers, the MX6 ones will keep seizing on you, it's just a stupid part of these cars. The Protege5 calipers will swap on no problem and won't give u an issue.

I have them on my car.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
yah they are a bit bigger but the pads for our cars hardly make contact with the rotor as is lol

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
P5 calipers have the exact same mechanics inside of them as the mx6 calipers. I know this because I just rebuild mine every time there's a problem. Anyone that thinks they're an upgrade (with respects to reliability is wrong). The only upgrade is the pads for the P5 calipers are slightly bigger than the mx6 pads. This means it's not the calipers that are the upgrade, but rather the bracket the the calipers are mounted to.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mazda_Parter I was just in Newmarket, I PMed you and added you on msn but oh well. I will be picking up my car tomorrow from Newmarket...so I'd like to get the Calipers tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts