Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookign for a new amp to power my subs... Im currently running 1 15inch Pioneer and 1 12inch Clarion....the amps I am running are an 800w 4 CH Audioline and a 300W 2 CH Cadience. Im now looking to upgrade lookign for a monoblock or just soemthign a lil larger. Willing to spend up to about 150 will also swap one of my amps plus cash.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i got my 1200watt boss audio amp
and
1000watt weconic(german) amp
which i pulled out of my car before i sold it....

let me know if ur interested...

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I have a JBL mono block amp... expensive but very good. Probably alittle over powered for what you want though. I suggest getting two of the same subs, a 15" & 12" of different brands as well... is just... well... odd to say the least.

Coustic have cheapish mono block amps, again even second hand they will be up around $300+

I reckon you should sell all your subs and amps and then add the $150 you have and get a decent 12" sub, amp and box... would probably sound better as well.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reaons for 2 diff subs is the moutning points of them the 15" is in a box in the back whlst the 12 is gonna be mounted where the washer bottle is, eventually I wanan get another 12 odf the same type mount one where the jack is and one where the washer bottle and have the 15 in the middle I have seen a few diff sets ups with 2 different brand subs mainyl competition stuff but I just thoguht I'd try soemthing different... With my current set up Boston ausio 4 icnch splits up front, fusion 6x9's in parcel shelf, pioneer 6" in the rear doors, and rockford fostgate tweeters moutner on the rear parcel shelf..the system is a hotch potch of brands anyways but it fuckin pumps :)

anyhow ducktape how much would you want for either amp and do you have any sepcs?? same trip :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive beeen lookign on car audio australia and am thinkin of purcahsing a fusion 4 channel 1000w just not sure how it would run the subs...also looking at a boss 1000w on ebay..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey zorb, I would recommend searching caa.com about using different sized subs, Its a definate no-no....

And for a good bang for buck monoblock, Response(Jaycar) is the go!!!

I know you werent asking for oppinions, but....... I wanted to give you the heads up..

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did look on caa.com that where I got the idea *lol* anyhow I now diff subs is a no no..as far as the response goes I was lookign at a monoblock on caa.com..220bucks not a bda price. Ima ctually not runnign both subs at a moment just and idea I had especiially since I picked up the clarion 12" 600W for cheap in a box for 35bucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts