Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All I'm located in New Zealand and I'm looking to buy a Testar GT or a Capella GT(?) station wagon 2.0 litre DOHC 4WD. I Heard not many came in manual so I wouldn't mind one with a blown up gear box.

Must be tidy ... looking into a new project... selling my BG Series GTX.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well I hate to tell you this but finding a Manual in 4WD in a Station Wagon is almost going to end with nothing, + I don't think you will find too many 4WD Manuals period. Being loctaed in NZ will be easier then in Aus. You might want to look for a 626/Capella Hatch 4WD and you might find a manual box out of all wreaked Wagons I found that wre 4WD even some delivered in NZ most have had Deisel motors Never foudn a manual all were autos and only 2 had 2.0L but were FS-ZE's not FE DOHC stil lvery similar motors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this may sound silly to ask ... but I know these gear boxes have a similar set of internals to the gtx gearbox, would it be much of a hassle to get one bolted up to the rear of the FE3? I know they are a different family altogether ... but a possible way of getting past the auto problem.....

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Then you'd have to worry about cutting and modifiying the floorpan to fit the driveshaft diff etc. Which should equal big $$$.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MX-SIK said:
Then you'd have to worry about cutting and modifiying the floorpan to fit the driveshaft diff etc. Which should equal big $$$.
Talking about an 4wd one here... why would I need to cut the floor pan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey hope this helps would only sell for a good offer or I plan on building it . I have a manual capella 1989 fe3 dohc manual full time 4wd just brought it off my nana might sell for right offer runs and drives nice but paints average it’s a hatch back has been in the family thru same wof shop in temuka for 17 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts