Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
External blow off valve (I don’t know what type .. just sell me one lol)
And the ignition lock and start assembly, and preferably boot and door locks with matching keys )
And perhaps a boost gauge..
Thanks guys..

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
hope u don't have to get the ignition keys and door locks etc, from mazda as a complete set is worth $430 bucks..... good luck....

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o you know if that includes the stering lock and all that or is it just the tumbler?.. coz I may just go that way.. unless i get them hella cheep.. coz realy that aint bad..

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
The complete set from mazda includes the boot, 2 doors, glove box, and the ignition barrel, so it could jsut be the barrel not the entire assembly that goes on the steering column, not too sure, but from looking when i saw it last i think it would be jsut the barrel.
oh and jsut advising ppls for a laugh, the original 4ws 89 model steering wheel is 1250 from mazda and yes its still available. lol

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantastic mate.. it is just that some one tried to nick the car and they have busted the ignition.. I probably could put it back together but the tumbler is farked up good..
Silly duffers the car had a flat battery.. so it wouldn’t start (been sitting for ~12 months) I suppose Jodi (warpspeed ) was lucky ..
What BOV should I get .. he wants to keep the one that is in it for his next project..
There is a pic of it on ere .. http://au.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wamx6/lst?.dir=/Warpspeeds+MX6&.view=t

I don’t know any thing a bout it accept it is an ugly looking sucker..

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
thats an old style turbosmart bov if i'm correct(hope i am lol),
depends if you want noise or not, if not go turbosmart plumbback bov, it should basically bolt straight up almost, i'm considering using hks, apexi, blitz bov on mine, as i cbf trying to work out wat i need for a wastegate. and costs.....

anything i would recommend something around the type 2 vee port style....

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I've got the Vee port BOV, and it is right up next to my TB... so it is bloody loud. But it is quite good, and not too expensive.

Anyway, I would just get a ignition lock from a wreckers, if it doesn't have the key, bargain them down a lot, then take the lock itself to a locksmith and they can make up a key for under $20. Who cares if the key to unlock the doors / boot etc is different. That is what central locking is for :)

Tripharn

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
paul, if u ask me, no BOV is a good BOV!

cmon.. join the flutter team!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts