Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok cruising back from the dyno comp today,

car just cuts out loose everything tunes steering everything....

no dash lights, checked all fuses individually all ok. check fuese in engine bay all fine, check connections on everything else i could put my hand on to... the car at this stage had no ignition by the sounds of it.

about to make the phone call to my old man to get him to pick me up. tried car once more and the car started..

So i drove about 2km's down the road thru a intersection car died again.... pulled over then it cut back in.. moved like 2 meters and it died.

Waited for 20mins this time check fuses again and connections in engine bay, reset the ecu by taking terminal off and foot on brake. connected back up not good, checked ignition switch on the back seemed to pass the visiualy inspecection.

my old man arrived then and the car started.... and drove it home about another 4km's. The car wouldnt restart then and its sitting the driveway now.

What are my next steps i should take in fixing this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
If you have an alarm, check the immobliser circuit. Could be a shot diode etc.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
GotF2TinGD said:
a 4cyl 2.2lt turbo !
hehe no shit....lool..i meant any mods...like custom turbo and stuff obviously.....wanted to know what things are custom in your bay.....lol

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats it

1991 Mazda Mx6 Performance - 2400lb's Pressure Plate, Heavy Duty Clutch, Turbosmart Vee Port Type 2 BOV, Turbosmart Incabin Boost controller(9psi), 2.5inch Cat back exhaust (no cat replaced for resontor) 4inch cannon,

:)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
cool...whats turbo you have!...the power you got is really awesome mate....I wonder how much do I have to spend to make mine like that......

GotF2TinGD said:
thats it

1991 Mazda Mx6 Performance - 2400lb's Pressure Plate, Heavy Duty Clutch, Turbosmart Vee Port Type 2 BOV, Turbosmart Incabin Boost controller(9psi), 2.5inch Cat back exhaust (no cat replaced for resontor) 4inch cannon,

:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, my car "died" today. But that was coz I was testing how far it could go on a full tank. I had done about 390kms (mostly been "having fun" and been in rush hour traffic, and air con so its lower that it would normally come in I assume). Anyway, i was going to pick my mate up and my car turns off (i was going uphill). Freaked me out at first, but then figured I was out of petrol, but I was able to start it up again and get to a servo. But only managed to fill 48L, i thought these things had 58L tanks?? Also, the fuel light cant make its mind up whether it wants to be on or off. All normal for a humble '95 6?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
110 KW ATW? well i guess thats heaps good....stock is like 108KW which is like 50kw or something atw..or less....if im right...

damn my cousins friends wrx is modded and is 140kw atw....sick man.....ordinary!!!? lool pretty good...

well at first i guess gotta go for the clutch and that pressure plate and raise the boost....cheers for teh info

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
dyno readings are never acurate. depends on condition car, fuel and dyno. also temp. barometric pressure and humidity. also if a dyno is correctly calibrated.

i always though that stocker 2.2's ranged from about 60-90kw atw. but then again how can it be guaged.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
well in a mazda history website and even in www.powerchip.com.au it is said that our stocks are 108kw (not atw)...I have seen this in few sites on the net...this is running a stock boost and all original I may say...as it sounds like...

if he has really 110KW atw, man thats a hell lotta power comparing to a little moded wrx 4wd which has 140KW atw...wrx's are one of the quickest and fastest 4's around...

I dont think our stockers would be near 90KW ATW...or is there any proof or document proving that?

there is obviously documents saying that ours are 108kw stock with about 258Nm Torque (if I remember correctly) on the internet few places and sites..I can look again and find them....

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
im not denying that they once had 108kw (i have sales brochures too). but what im saying is the condition of everything is everything. unless you have cars on the same dyno on the same day that is the only way you can compare the output.

also about the stockers thing that is just a summary, i dont have documents, noone probably does. but i can think of someone here getting around 60ish with a stocker, and then someone i knows MX which got 86KW ATW 100% stock. Its impossible to guage power outputs, there are just too many variables. figures mean nothing to me. (dyno figures)

ill admit gotf2s car will have grunt because there is a lot of aftermarked/recond. gear in there, hell he even gets 10psi bone stock, not many people will get that on 100% engine.

91gd your missing what im saying, dynos are very inaccurate. like if i get my stock 626, put it onto a dyno, reads 130kw and they say its correct, what will you say?

If anyone else knows different, tell me. (also to my previous post)

you learn something new everyday. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.