Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow canadians...
Just wanted to let you all know that I ordered a clutch from Rafi at www.rr-racing.com . The service was very excellent. He kept in touch with me via e-mail the whole time and was very helpful. In TO I found this one place that distributes ACT clutches.. but they wanted like 650 CAD for it! thats insane.. The Clutch masters stage1 I got was 228US. After shipping and conversion it was 398.00 all together. And a mere 40bux for broker fees. all in all it was 440CAD with a week and a half turnaround and the product is AWSOME!!! I love it.. So, for those skeptical canadians out there, take my word for it and get products from this guy whenever you need to.

p.s. check my post in performance forum for my thoughts on the product.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
OMG ruffnek your mod list just keeps growing by the day... i remember when all u had up there was your exhaust :p im really looking forward to seeing your car at the next meet and after that Light a fat one! Im bringing some Northern Lights this time! }) and dont worry... the guy who i brought b4 (the idiot) will not be coming again due to the embaressment i suffered bringing him the 1st time :rolleyes: PeaS...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yesss guy

Dude, if you are talkin about the true northern lights, then its on yo. I love dat shit..
Haahaa your buddy was kewl... I rememeber when i was like that.. about 8 yrs ago :)

Mods are most done man... just need to drop the intake, gets some hiflow headers and some tight wheels... then im pretty much done... :cool:

Im trying to get used to the clutch and my god is it ever a different car! once i brake it in I have to race this mofo who has a stock 2001 prelude, and this other joker with a 1999 maxima... some tough battles ahead

cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
predictions...

iight the prelude will be seeing your tail lights but never under estimate a maxima... with 195 HP and 210 Lbs of torque and a 3.0 HO engine which was said to be one of the best in the world (2nd to the miller cycle @-) im sorry to say but those cars have balls.... BIG ONES... the only thing i suggest u can do is drive like your running from da copz! or get a UDP, headers, cat back exhaust system, CAI, a super chip with a remadded ECU etc... or just SC or TuRbO! GooD LuCK...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hello...

I have to agreee about the Maxima, I got wasted by my sisters bf in one the other day - let us never speak of it again.:confused:

I want to know about your catalitic converter though rufnek - did you bore it out? What was the effect? Was it good with out the performance exhaust? Any tips?
Thanks.
Claeren.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welp lets see

Thanx for the predictions... I am more concerned about the Lude because of the way the mofo disrespects the six. I guess he figures that since he was suckered out of like 35000 or whatever they cost, that he should be able to smoke me.. I dont think so!!! As for the Maxima, yeah they are tough... but are they not really heavy as well? like over 3200pds? I dunno for sure..

As for my catco, I had it hollowed long after I got the exaust installed.. I was getting a slight eggfart smell (sulfur) and Instead of buying a testpipe or new cat, I just got my mechguy to gut it out. Its very loud and its kinda raspy, I dont really like the raspy sound.. but there was definantly an increase in power across the power band (unless it just sounds louder) But Im sure it is faster.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
air flow = Horsies

basically with the hollowed cat your removing the restrictions and let the air flow better which in turn gives you some extra HP and torque... not a lot though but the HP adds up when u have a full system... BTW ruffnek... be VERY careful because your violating our clean air laws now and there is a BIG FINE for those who are caught... the only way a cop could find out is if he knocks on the cat to hear the hollow sound which is highly unlikely... and your gonna fail your next emissions test :eek:

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know

ya I know I would fail emissions quite badly... Im just gonna buy a hi flow random tech cat when the time comes around... no prob....
And besides... do you really think a cop is gonna get on the gorund to bang on my cat? let alone take a look at it?
Im not worried about it...

cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
not likely but it had happened (once)

the guy i bought my old 84 camaro off of had no cat in it and he told me that when he got pulled over during an emission check (cops close all lanes and an emission vehicle is at the side and they stop suspected racers and muscle cars) they did in fact bang on his cat to see if it was hollow... I've been pulled over for one of those emission checks too but after he saw my EGR valve wasnt blocked he let me go... peas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts