Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has put Xenon headlights/globes in their 2G MX-6? Is it possible? How much does it cost approx. and would you say it's worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes! ive done it, its very simple! :)
Depending on the kit though, it could cost any where from $50 for a cheapy to $300 for a good set.
Its very simple, no modding involved, just place the balasts that come with the kit somewhere secure so they dont move around under the hood.
Also it looks fantastic!

However about a week ago after driving around with it for a year I got defected :(

Thats what it looked like when I installed it

Pic is a little blurry, but you get the idea.
Looks alot better and a little bluer!
You'll love it! Get it done! :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
For anyone reading this thread: Don't do this mod if you have ASpec headlights. You need the focused beam of projector headlights to make it look good. Some cars come with OEM xenon reflectors, but on our cars not only will it look like dogshit, but it will also be dangerous to other drivers. The total cost for adding xenon headlights to your car should include a set of projector headlights. This means that it can range anywhere from $175 for angel eyes and a cheap xenon kit to $700 for J/ESpecs and a solid xenon kit. Not to mention, with projector headlights you can upgrade the projectors to get some boss ass headlights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the info guys. How do i tell if I have the Aspec headlights? Im not sure if i do or not. Any idea on where I can get my hands on one of these kits? Do they need to be specific to our cars or do they work with all cars?

Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just go to yor nearest supercheap or autobarn or car place.
If you have Especs the bulb you'll need is H3 (pretty sure youd have the especs)
If its Jspec then its H3C.

The ones I got were from Autotecnica which are also sold at Autobarn ($200-$300)
AutotecnicA.com.au » Home

1 - 7 of 7 Posts